Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toni42)
    Veterinary medicine come on Bristol interview pretty please

Me too! I've heard nothing from them since the acknowledgement .. Hopefully no news is good news so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Did you get the "on hold" email they seem to have been sending out today?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an unconditional for Maths & Philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sentiment)
    I got an email this morning (not the general acknowledgement) that said they were holding my application in consideration. Which apparently is a good thing because it means I haven't been rejected...yet. It said that was their reason if they are silent over the coming 'days or weeks'. They'd better be damn quick.
    Hey, I've applied to Bristol for Politics too and seem to have received the same acknowledgment email as you. How are you sure that the email was not just the general acknowledgement? Your post got me nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeStartedNothing)
    Hey, I've applied to Bristol for Politics too and seem to have received the same acknowledgment email as you. How are you sure that the email was not just the general acknowledgement? Your post got me nervous!
    How long after your UCAS went off did you receive the acknowledgement email? I sent mine off a few days ago, should I have it by now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marinated_in_Joy)
    How long after your UCAS went off did you receive the acknowledgement email? I sent mine off a few days ago, should I have it by now?
    Took them about a week or so to acknowledge me once my UCAS was processed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marinated_in_Joy)
    I got mine 9 days after my application was processed. I'm sure it will arrive soon - good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeStartedNothing)
    Because I already got (several) general acknowledgement emails ('thank you for choosing Bristol blah blah blah'). This one was one that they obviously send out the selected applicants - not written for me individually - saying that there might be a wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneInSolidarity)
    Probably a piece of 'creative writing' I did for English Literature last year, thanks to taking Lit I should be OK in that area Its more the 'leadership experience' sections I'm worried about :/
    Oh cool, I'm alright with the leadership and teamwork business, the 'show how you are interested in the way things work' seems a bit ambiguous to me though.
    I think I'm going to hand in my physics coursework but I'm a bit wary because my teacher is refusing to tell me how good it is How long is yours?

ReputationRep:
    Someone told me today that Bristol generally throw out a slew of offers and rejections around mid-November? Although on here people are saying not until January so I don't know what to believe...
    anyway no one seems to have received anything for English Lit so I'll keep my hopes up

ReputationRep:
    aeronautical engineering!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by daisyfaye)
    Someone told me today that Bristol generally throw out a slew of offers and rejections around mid-November? Although on here people are saying not until January so I don't know what to believe...
    anyway no one seems to have received anything for English Lit so I'll keep my hopes up
    I know someone who got rejected last week...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Corkscrew)
    Oh cool, I'm alright with the leadership and teamwork business, the 'show how you are interested in the way things work' seems a bit ambiguous to me though.
    I think I'm going to hand in my physics coursework but I'm a bit wary because my teacher is refusing to tell me how good it is How long is yours?
    Long is my piece of written work? 1500 words. I'm really struggling with the leadership and show interest questions :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple_nurple)
    Me too! I've heard nothing from them since the acknowledgement .. Hopefully no news is good news so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Did you get the "on hold" email they seem to have been sending out today?
    Yeah I know it could be far worse but still depressing to not have been good enough to be in first batch of interviews and worrying that competition is so high this year.
    But can't believe they have already given out rejections to people I know that rejections have to be given out but so early on!!?!

ReputationRep:
    I applied to study Politics and they've sent my an email saying they're 'holding my application for further consideration'. Has anyone else received this email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theappletree)
    I applied to study Politics and they've sent my an email saying they're 'holding my application for further consideration'. Has anyone else received this email?
    I know that Bristol send you some decision within a month of receiving your acknowledgement so I guess it's a just a waiting game (2 more weeks for me :rolleyes: ) I think I received that acknowledgement too but then I thought that was the one everyone got

ReputationRep:
    I've got to go and visit on the 17th November...so I guess my application won't go anywhere until after that! Really nervous...just want the offers to come!

ReputationRep:
    Any English offers?? The wait is killing me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiamingles)
    Any English offers?? The wait is killing me!
    I've not heard anything, but Bristol tend to hand out a slew of rejections for English in Novermber. No news is good news!

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Neuroscience, haven't heard anything besides the acknowledgement.. But my friend has a conditional deferred place for Biochemistry!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Just got an unconditional for Maths & Philosophy.
    okay, two things:

1) holy ****! congratulations! unconditional offers must feel SO GOOD...
    2) What grades did you get and when did you send off your application? I'm applying to study physics, so maths and philosophy (which by the way sounds really cool) might be close enough to give me some idea of whether i'll get an offer and when that might be.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.