Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theths)
    ahh, congratulationsss

also, i swear you were in the cambridge thread?! or is that just my imagination. where else have you applied?

also, for my peace of mind, are you international?
    Yes, Cambridge Jesus college. No I'm domestic, state school.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an AAB offer for chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    I know that Bristol send you some decision within a month of receiving your acknowledgement so I guess it's a just a waiting game (2 more weeks for me :rolleyes: ) I think I received that acknowledgement too but then I thought that was the one everyone got
    I sent my application off two weeks ago and still haven't received the acknowledgement email! Should I be worried?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marinated_in_Joy)
    I sent my application off two weeks ago and still haven't received the acknowledgement email! Should I be worried?
    Erm I'd say wait until Monday next week and if you haven't received an acknowledgement just ask them what's going on. Different departments work differently and not all departments give out acknowledgements. Besides, now is the busiest time for universities so your application is probably still in the queue Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offer for Social Policy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marinated_in_Joy)
    I sent mine off over 4 weeks ago and emailed them saying I hadn't recieved an acknowledgement email to check they had definitely recieved it and they emailed back saying they were assessing it and would inform me of their decision so maybe the system just doesnt work sometimes

ReputationRep:
    economics offer

ReputationRep:
    Applied for BSc Economics with Econometrics on Wednesday.. acknowledgement yesterday woohooo

ReputationRep:
    Got my acknowledgement same day.

Come on Bristol, you know you want me and my charms.

Pol/phil, A levels of A*AC.

ReputationRep:
    It's been over a month since they recieved my application and I haven't heard anything since the acknowledgement/disabilities questionnaire. I'm wondering what's happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    It's been over a month since they recieved my application and I haven't heard anything since the acknowledgement/disabilities questionnaire. I'm wondering what's happening.

ooh dw, its been over a month for me too
    apparntley they like taking their time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    Yeah same. They seemed quite on-the-ball at first as they sent me the questionnaire quite quickly (I wear hearing aids) and also an aknowledgement from the physics department saying they would contact me 'soon', but then nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernovae)
    Yeah same. They seemed quite on-the-ball at first as they sent me the questionnaire quite quickly (I wear hearing aids) and also an aknowledgement from the physics department saying they would contact me 'soon', but then nothing.
    Meh. I'm type 1 diabetic so that's why I had it. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    So apart from emilyanne, has anyone received an offer for engineering maths?

ReputationRep:
    are the people at U of Bristol racist? i mean from what you've heard... if you saw an asian dude/chick would you punch him or friend him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siyichen)
    are the people at U of Bristol racist? i mean from what you've heard... if you saw an asian dude/chick would you punch him or friend him
    I've heard that random punches are a common threat to asians particularly in the Bristol area :/ Maybe you should consider somewhere like Warwick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siyichen)
    There are about 18,000 students at the University of Bristol, so for starters no-one will be able to classify whether the University as a whole is racist. Unfortunately, you're going to encounter racist people wherever you go, but they are, generally, in the minority. I'd be surprised if you encountered more racism at Bristol than anywhere else. I wouldn't let this issue impact your decision on any of your Universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mishieru07)
    Conditional offer for Law AAB! International applicant.

They sent me an email about having to wait until Jan too, don't worry too much about it!
    Nice! got mine too haha. Out of curiousity, which country are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by volante)
    Nice! got mine too haha. Out of curiousity, which country are you from?
    Congrats! Maybe I'll see you there next year!

I'm Singaporean; you?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an offer for French or French and Spanish? Or do you know what the typical offer would normally be? As on the website it says BBB for French but that doesn't seem right at all!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.