Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Economics and Management a few weeks ago
    Anyone else got an offer for this course?

ReputationRep:
    Read an article in the Guardian today......apparently Bristol are rejecting people by the bucketful. As in, people are getting into places like Oxbridge and Imperial but not Bristol.....I think they are just really pushing for places at the moment, so I'm not going to be TOO upset if I get a rejection to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marinated_in_Joy)
    Read an article in the Guardian today......apparently Bristol are rejecting people by the bucketful. As in, people are getting into places like Oxbridge and Imperial but not Bristol.....I think they are just really pushing for places at the moment, so I'm not going to be TOO upset if I get a rejection to be honest.
    Well Bristol is incredibly competitive, more so than Imperial and Oxbridge, and it is a top University, so it's inevitable people will get rejected by them who end up at Oxbridge or Imperial.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have applied to Bristol and haven't had anything but the general acknowledgement in 8 weeks! Should I be worried and contact the university? But I don't want to do this and sound too pushy and risk it ruining my application. But then again, it says on the website that all applicants should be contacted within 4 weeks of recieveing the application to establish contact.

Thanks for any advice

ReputationRep:
    wow? i knew bristol was very competitive but i dindt think more so than those universities? Aghhh i KNEW i should have applied to oxford too I got my history offer from bristol on friday, so im happy but i wish i would have had more faith in myself!

ReputationRep:
    Had an offer last year for maths, missed it by 5 marks. Hoping to get an unconditional this year for another subject after being told I'd have got in on my grades for it last year, and very likely would this year by the head of admissions.

Environmental geoscience. Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katieb1)
    wow? i knew bristol was very competitive but i dindt think more so than those universities? Aghhh i KNEW i should have applied to oxford too I got my history offer from bristol on friday, so im happy but i wish i would have had more faith in myself!
    yep! it is a very, very competitive uni to apply to. i believe it is the most highly applied uni applicants to places in britain, or so i've been told

congratulations on your offer!

ReputationRep:
    Just got a letter telling me that they aren't making a decision until after January 15th for Archaeology and Anthropology.

ReputationRep:
    Applied for English Lit& Classics.
    But there are only eight places available, I'm expecting a rejection haha. They're too competitive, but it was worth a shot (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexIsMyHero)
    Hi

I have applied to Bristol and haven't had anything but the general acknowledgement in 8 weeks! Should I be worried and contact the university? But I don't want to do this and sound too pushy and risk it ruining my application. But then again, it says on the website that all applicants should be contacted within 4 weeks of recieveing the application to establish contact.

Thanks for any advice
    I think they may count the general acknowledgement as contact I got an email saying they most likely wont make offers until after the january deadline so i wouldnt be worried about it, they might just take a while to respond!

ReputationRep:
    I applied to read geography at bristol. Has anyone received offers as of yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by playxsailxliv)
    I haven't heard anything =/ I assume you haven't either?
    erm, I got the acknowledgement email but that's it

(Original post by katieb1)
    I think the only reason it appears more competitive is that people don't apply for Oxbridge unless they are really considered a potential applicant. Lots of people will apply to Bristol without the grades that they need in the hopes they may get an offer..people don't take that chance with Oxbridge (generally)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bela123)
    I applied to read geography at bristol. Has anyone received offers as of yet?
    Yay a geographer! If you have any questions about Bristol geography, you can ask me and I think there are a few other geographers lurking around as well.
    I got my offer in late January last year despite having applied in October, so you might have to wait a bit longer, unfortunately. They've definitely started reading the personal statements already as one of my lecturers keeps complaining about how all applicants say the same things They might not make the decisions until January though. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kurenai)
    I just got an offer today for Psychology. I sent off my application on Oct 15th, if you want to know
    Hey, can I ask what subjects your taking and your predicted grades are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloefitch)
    Hey, can I ask what subjects your taking and your predicted grades are?
    I'm doing double maths, psychology, biology and economics.
    Predicted A* for all the above

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Civil Engineering, I'm so ridiculously scared and Bristol is my top choice! Has anyone got any offers for it yet?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything for Philosophy? I'm dying waiting to hear from them My friend said her friend got a rejection from them and that no news is good news but still...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=kurenai;28805529]I'm doing double maths, psychology, biology and economics.
    Predicted A* for all the above[/QUOTE

Where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kurenai)
    I just got an offer today for Psychology. I sent off my application on Oct 15th, if you want to know
    Well done! Was your offer in the post? Or just on track?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.