Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything for philosophy? I've been waiting almost a month and nothing :/ only acknowledgements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHalkett1)
    Anyone heard anything for philosophy? I've been waiting almost a month and nothing :/ only acknowledgements
    Sent my application off late (7th December) and have received the acknowledgement and the:

'Thank you for your application to study BA Honours in Philosophy V500 at Bristol. This e-mail is to acknowledge that your form has been received by the Faculty Admissions Office and to assure you that your application will be given full consideration.

In light of the fact that the University receives a large number of applications for places on this programme and it is important to offer careful consideration to each one, it is not always possible to make a decision quickly. In order to make decisions based on as complete a picture as possible and to treat each one received before the UCAS deadline of 15th January in the fairest possible manner, some applications may be held for further review. Our silence over the forthcoming days or weeks does not, therefore, mean that we are not attending to your application.

In all circumstances you will be notified through UCAS once a decision has been made.'

I've had a few glances about this thread and people have rejections, so it would seem that no news ( or this e-mail ) is good news. Good luck though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackeeba)
    Sent my application off late (7th December) and have received the acknowledgement and the:

'Thank you for your application to study BA Honours in Philosophy V500 at Bristol. This e-mail is to acknowledge that your form has been received by the Faculty Admissions Office and to assure you that your application will be given full consideration.

In light of the fact that the University receives a large number of applications for places on this programme and it is important to offer careful consideration to each one, it is not always possible to make a decision quickly. In order to make decisions based on as complete a picture as possible and to treat each one received before the UCAS deadline of 15th January in the fairest possible manner, some applications may be held for further review. Our silence over the forthcoming days or weeks does not, therefore, mean that we are not attending to your application.

In all circumstances you will be notified through UCAS once a decision has been made.'

I've had a few glances about this thread and people have rejections, so it would seem that no news ( or this e-mail ) is good news. Good luck though.
    Yeah I got that email too! Good luck to you as well!

ReputationRep:
    geography Msci

ReputationRep:
    Just got a letter saying that Bristol 'intend' to give me an offer
    I need to go to an open day first though, so another 16 hour day for me in February
    So happy though :woo: I am going to have a difficult decision to make

ReputationRep:
    Applied for English lit., but not expecting an offer- thought I'd apply just because it's a brilliant uni, but I won't be disappointed if I'm unsuccessful. I'm expecting it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beth Angharad)
    Applied for English lit., but not expecting an offer- thought I'd apply just because it's a brilliant uni, but I won't be disappointed if I'm unsuccessful. I'm expecting it
    We're in the same boat! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    We're in the same boat! Good luck!
    Thanks! you too! Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beth Angharad)
    Thanks! you too! Where else have you applied?
    Waiting on replied from York and Bristol Got offers from Leeds and Liverpool and a big fat rejection from Durham :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    Waiting on replied from York and Bristol Got offers from Leeds and Liverpool and a big fat rejection from Durham :P
    Aww, sorry to hear about Durham but all the unis you've applied to are fantastic, and you've already got two offers! Congratulations
    I applied to Bristol (obviously), Cardiff, Swansea, Glamorgan and Bath Spa. Really really really want to go to either Cardiff or Swansea; I will literally be heartbroken if I get in to neither

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackeeba)

I got this toooooo! Applied for Philosophy & French Any other Philosophy/French applicants who got this acknowledgement email? Good luck to everyone still waiting!

ReputationRep:
    Applying for history and haven't been rejected yet. Apparently its the most competitive history course in the country (in terms of numbers):eek: Does anyone know where you can find the admissions statistics for each subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC armani)
    Applying for history and haven't been rejected yet. Apparently its the most competitive history course in the country (in terms of numbers):eek: Does anyone know where you can find the admissions statistics for each subject?
    I know you can find the information on the website somewhere, but at the open day in October they said that they get roughly 1500 applicants for 100 places for History!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bristol.ac.uk/prospectus/...1/prog_index#H

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mishieru07)
    Congrats! Maybe I'll see you there next year!

I'm Singaporean; you?
    Nice! Im glad there are so many International applicants for Law! Did you get a reduced offer?

ReputationRep:
    Received my offer for Law yesterday (AAA) .

ReputationRep:
    Yay I got an offer from Bristol for Computer Science I was really pleased because Bristol is my insurance but a bit annoyed because the offer is AAA. I expected AAB because one of the current 1st years at Bristol said his offer was AAB. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knb3)
    Nice! Im glad there are so many International applicants for Law! Did you get a reduced offer?
    Yep; AAB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink_butterfly)
    I know you can find the information on the website somewhere, but at the open day in October they said that they get roughly 1500 applicants for 100 places for History!
    Are you applying for history as well? 15:1 is the approximate ratio??!!:eek::eek:

ReputationRep:
    Are you applying for history as well? 15:1 is the approximate ratio??!!:eek::eek:
    17:1 maths :O

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.