Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applying to bristol for medicine heard anything back yet? I havent heard anything from them except for an acknowledgement. I HATE WAITNG!

ReputationRep:
    psychology offers or rejections anyone? the waiting is so annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloefitch)
    psychology offers or rejections anyone? the waiting is so annoying
    A friend of mine got a rejection for psychology during the xmas holidays. I was shocked as I was positive he would get an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink_butterfly)
    A friend of mine got a rejection for psychology during the xmas holidays. I was shocked as I was positive he would get an offer
    Really? ahh do you know what his grades were like etc? I so desperately want to go there but they seem to enjoy taking their time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloefitch)
    Really? ahh do you know what his grades were like etc? I so desperately want to go there but they seem to enjoy taking their time
    We're mature students doing an Access course so different criteria applies to us. He did have experience though and an excellent personal statement, but there you go!

P.s. I am in Gloucester

ReputationRep:
    I know the Maths department is considering all application at the same time but when?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mishieru07)
    I think so! Unless KCL decides to give me a reduced offer (not going to happen, so that's moot)

Have you sorted out your firm and insurance?
    Nice! You've received an offer from KCL??????? Then whats your Firm?

Nope I haven't, waiting on LSE/KCL! Hopefully get at least one!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know of any maths offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infoexpertx)
    I know the Maths department is considering all application at the same time but when?
    (Original post by r_mar)
    Anyone know of any maths offers?
    Nothing will come through for Mathmo's until after 15th Jan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infoexpertx)
    UK applicants 15th Jan and after

International applicants as they are recieved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welldoesntthissuck)
    Aw man. That's sucks. Where else have you applied?
    Sheffield
    Nottingham
    Birmingham
    Essex

I got offers from all..just not Bristol :/

ReputationRep:
    Aerospace department at Bristol rejected me like a ***** and didn't even bother to inform me!

Funny thing was the electro engineering department picked up my application and will be interviewing me for that!

I have terrible experience with electricity as well :s

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaz1992)
    Aerospace department at Bristol rejected me like a ***** and didn't even bother to inform me!

Funny thing was the electro engineering department picked up my application and will be interviewing me for that!

I have terrible experience with electricity as well :s
    How do you know you've been rejected then if you haven't been informed?

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected for Biology. On my birthday ):

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHeartAmerica1993)
    How do you know you've been rejected then if you haven't been informed?
    Dear Charlie

Thank you for your application to study at the University of Bristol.

I regret to inform you that your application to Aeronautical
    Engineering has been unsuccessful. This is partly a result of this
    Department being very over-subscribed.

I am writing to you because your application has been passed to me in
    Electrical and Electronic Engineering for my consideration. Our Department
    still has places on its degree programmes and I confirm, given your
    excellent academic abilities, I am happy to consider you for a place at
    Bristol.
    So Yeh.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard for Psychology since the xmas hols?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    Anyone heard for Psychology since the xmas hols?
    Not me but hopefully they won't keep us waiting too much longer as the deadline is fast approaching. Btw I'm sorry about Cambridge, I hope you're not too upset

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayheyley)
    Not me but hopefully they won't keep us waiting too much longer as the deadline is fast approaching. Btw I'm sorry about Cambridge, I hope you're not too upset
    Hey yeah I hope we find out soon, is it your top choice now? I imagine it'll be after the deadline though, we should stalk last years thread and find out when they started giving out offers last year!

Ah I will admit, I was dissappointed but at least the pressure is off a little with regards to grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    Hey yeah I hope we find out soon, is it your top choice now? I imagine it'll be after the deadline though, we should stalk last years thread and find out when they started giving out offers last year!

Ah I will admit, I was dissappointed but at least the pressure is off a little with regards to grades
    No St Andrews is my top choice now and I'm not really sure which of Bristol and Exeter I prefer... Exeter is more suited to me but I think I prefer Bristol's course so :dontknow: I was going to ask you but didn't you say you weren't sure which you like best? Have you had any more thoughts? (Or am I getting you confused with someone else?!)

Stalking last year's thread = awesome idea. I wouldn't be surprised if they start later this year though what with all the extra competition we have to put up with

You have some pretty awesome offers so you shouldn't be disappointed! And that is very wise re. grades - there's a reason I didn't apply anywhere that normally asks for anything above AAA

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.