The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blahblah16
Has anyone heard for French or anything including French? I've got offers from my other 4 so I hope Bristol hurries up.

I've applied for French & Italian, still waiting. Send it on the 1st of October, but only really started getting anxious since the deadline on Saturday! Bristol and Durham are the only two I'm still waiting for
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Pheebs1201
Ahaha I see- cold beans dont sound appealing! Im hoping to learn, after all during second and third year if we move into a house we gonna have to cook then too right? I do see where youre coming from though! I dont know if you would call it near Bristol, but Im in Cornwall at the mo so not too far. How about you? :smile:

That's right, but I guess I'm hoping for some miracle. I can cook, it's just an incredibly laborious and time consuming process and my repertoire consists of 2 dishes- spaghetti bolognese and cheesecake. :tongue:

I'm from the Isle of Man, so it's quite a trek to Bristol, well it's quite a trek to anywhere bar Liverpool (which the boat goes directly to). No direct flights to Bristol between January and March either.. bad one. Are you going to any open days or anything? :smile:
Original post by Averagegirl:)
Did you get offers and rejections on a weekend? That's odd. BUT well done for the offers anyway, especially you Pheebs- AAB WOW

:smile:

Thank you :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I didnt get mine at the weekend though, it was Friday evening :smile:
Original post by lroberts25
That's right, but I guess I'm hoping for some miracle. I can cook, it's just an incredibly laborious and time consuming process and my repertoire consists of 2 dishes- spaghetti bolognese and cheesecake. :tongue:

I'm from the Isle of Man, so it's quite a trek to Bristol, well it's quite a trek to anywhere bar Liverpool (which the boat goes directly to). No direct flights to Bristol between January and March either.. bad one. Are you going to any open days or anything? :smile:

Ahaha well you'd be sorted if you were my flatmate, I love cheesecake so would happily cook for you in return for the odd slice! Having said that, I am quite capable of making my own cheesecake, although I do chocolate brownies the best. My parents have bought me a cupcake maker for my birthday last week (it looks like a toastie machine!) so I shall never be short of cupcakes at least... :tongue:

Oh wow that is quite a trek, I didnt want to go anywhere further than 3/4 hours away from home max although in the end decided Exeter was a little too close to home :tongue:

I will definitely go to a post offer open day if there is one for Bristol, Im already booked into them for my other four unis to decide what to put as my insurance (even though they all want the same grades) even though Ive already pretty much discounted Exeter Im gonna go anyway lol. What about you? You could always swim over? :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 764
Original post by jinx!
Social Policy :smile:

Have you heard anything from them yet?
Ahaha well you'd be sorted if you were my flatmate, I love cheesecake so would happily cook for you in return for the odd slice! Having said that, I am quite capable of making my own cheesecake, although I do chocolate brownies the best. My parents have bought me a cupcake maker for my birthday last week (it looks like a toastie machine!) so I shall never be short of cupcakes at least... :tongue:

Oh wow that is quite a trek, I didnt want to go anywhere further than 3/4 hours away from home max although in the end decided Exeter was a little too close to home :tongue:

I will definitely go to a post offer open day if there is one for Bristol, Im already booked into them for my other four unis to decide what to put as my insurance (even though they all want the same grades) even though Ive already pretty much discounted Exeter Im gonna go anyway lol. What about you? You could always swim over? :tongue:

Haha yeah, I much prefer baking to actual cooking. How thoughtful of them, just the sort of thing that would do good at uni if you decide to take it..
Yeah but to be fair any University is a trek if you live on the Isle of Man, Lancaster is perhaps the closest, so that's my 2nd choice. Barely any manx students go to universities as far south as Bristol :P.

I'm going to a post offer departmental open day, but I think I'd prefer to go to a general one (if they do one) to have the chance of meeting more people. Yeah might as well have a look at it, especially if it is quite close to you. Haha, I think I'll pass on the swimming idea :biggrin:

It's going to be a massive culture shock though, going from an island with 75,000 people... to a city! I'm looking forward to the nights out though, needless to say the Isle of Man is a bit lacking in that area.
Reply 766

Hey, in a non-stalkerish manner, where do you live?

Just noticed you said Exeter was a bit close- I was thinking the same thing for me!
(I'm just to the east of Exeter)
Haha yeah, I much prefer baking to actual cooking. How thoughtful of them, just the sort of thing that would do good at uni if you decide to take it..
Yeah but to be fair any University is a trek if you live on the Isle of Man, Lancaster is perhaps the closest, so that's my 2nd choice. Barely any manx students go to universities as far south as Bristol :P.

I'm going to a post offer departmental open day, but I think I'd prefer to go to a general one (if they do one) to have the chance of meeting more people. Yeah might as well have a look at it, especially if it is quite close to you. Haha, I think I'll pass on the swimming idea :biggrin:

It's going to be a massive culture shock though, going from an island with 75,000 people... to a city! I'm looking forward to the nights out though, needless to say the Isle of Man is a bit lacking in that area.

Lol Im pretty sure Cornwall to Bristol will be a pretty big shock too... Cornwall is the most un-diverse place in the world and has lots of beaches and cows and fields and horses. Bristol probably has less of those things (I doubt there are any cows wandering around but one can hope :tongue:)

I will definitely be taking my cupcake maker to uni haha! Just got to figure out how to use it. now all I need is a toastie maker and a george foreman grill and Im good to go :cool:

Hmm I havent heard of any departmental open day yet but seeing as I only just got my offer and there dont seem to be many psychology offers floating around yet Im sure there'll be one eventually. I doubt there will be a general open day but I suppose thats what freshers week is for! At the open days people many not necessarily be firming the uni anyway and it'd be awful to make friends and then never see them again :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Samg123
Hey, in a non-stalkerish manner, where do you live?

Just noticed you said Exeter was a bit close- I was thinking the same thing for me!
(I'm just to the east of Exeter)

Haha Cornwall :rolleyes:
Reply 769
Haha Cornwall :rolleyes:

I live in St. Austell. :biggrin:

Just thought I'd stop lurking for that contribution.
Original post by Muffinz
I live in St. Austell. :biggrin:

Just thought I'd stop lurking for that contribution.

Haha I think we've had this conversation before :colone:
I am really hoping that now the deadline has passed, all of us that haven't heard, will start to hear back soon.

I applied for Archaeology on Nov 25th and the wait has driven me mad :smile:
Reply 772
Original post by solo443
Yeah but i got one from the LSE today so im gonna try my best to go there... bristols my backup...

Please may you tell me when you received your offer from Bristol and whether you got sent a post offer pack/letter afterwards?
I'm only asking because I got my offer late Nov and haven't received any correspondence from them after receiving my offer except an email from them, which I seem to have deleted by accident!
Thank you!
Lol Im pretty sure Cornwall to Bristol will be a pretty big shock too... Cornwall is the most un-diverse place in the world and has lots of beaches and cows and fields and horses. Bristol probably has less of those things (I doubt there are any cows wandering around but one can hope :tongue:)

I will definitely be taking my cupcake maker to uni haha! Just got to figure out how to use it. now all I need is a toastie maker and a george foreman grill and Im good to go :cool:

Hmm I havent heard of any departmental open day yet but seeing as I only just got my offer and there dont seem to be many psychology offers floating around yet Im sure there'll be one eventually. I doubt there will be a general open day but I suppose thats what freshers week is for! At the open days people many not necessarily be firming the uni anyway and it'd be awful to make friends and then never see them again :tongue:

At least Cornwall is linked to the mainland UK... We also have lots of beaches, cows, fields and horses... and a colony of wild kangaroos for good measure (escaped from a wildlife park and bred).

Youve definitely thought about food a lot! I think I still have to cook on the weekends for 1 meal a day but I guess itll just end up being pizza :cool:

I'm going to visit Bristol for the open day on the 16th of Feb (I think), it'll be the first time I've seen it, but I've done enough googling to know what to expect :tongue:. And yeah I agree there.

Have you looked into any societies you might want to join? There are quite a few, including the real ale society which my dad said "I'd join that if i were going" haha, don't think I'm really into 'real ale' though.. :smile:
At least Cornwall is linked to the mainland UK... We also have lots of beaches, cows, fields and horses... and a colony of wild kangaroos for good measure (escaped from a wildlife park and bred).

Youve definitely thought about food a lot! I think I still have to cook on the weekends for 1 meal a day but I guess itll just end up being pizza :cool:

I'm going to visit Bristol for the open day on the 16th of Feb (I think), it'll be the first time I've seen it, but I've done enough googling to know what to expect :tongue:. And yeah I agree there.

Have you looked into any societies you might want to join? There are quite a few, including the real ale society which my dad said "I'd join that if i were going" haha, don't think I'm really into 'real ale' though.. :smile:

Haha im not really food obsessed I was only joking about the toastie machine and girll :biggrin: Plus I am a fussy eater so in catered Id probably die or just end up eating rubbish, but if I cook for myself there is at least some concious thought involved!

Kangeroos?! Thats amazing. Makes the horses and cows I mentioned look rubbish now haha. Across the field from my horse is an Alpaca which is quite an interesting creature but its no Kangeroo :frown:

Ahh I hope I get invited to an open day soon! It seems every wednesday in feb Im at one open day or another, 2nd- Exeter, 16th- Cardiff, 23rd- Warwick... and hopefully I'll squeeze Bristol in there somewhere too :cool:

Real ale? Sounds interesting... Theyre quite big on ales in Cornwall, Im meant to be knowledgable because I work in this "ye olde" off license thats been around for a hundred or so years but in reality I know nothing! The only society I definitely want to join is horse riding- not very exciting or quirky! I'll have to part ways with my lovely loan horse when I come to uni :love: I feel quite boring now :colondollar:
Reply 775
Original post by Tracey88
Please may you tell me when you received your offer from Bristol and whether you got sent a post offer pack/letter afterwards?
I'm only asking because I got my offer late Nov and haven't received any correspondence from them after receiving my offer except an email from them, which I seem to have deleted by accident!
Thank you!

I got my offer in early nov.... but i havent received any correspondence by post or mail.... so dnt worry...
Reply 776
Anyone got anything for Maths? Got rejected last year but really want to go! Would definitely be my first choice!
i got an offer on friday for Classical Studies- AAB
so pleased!
Reply 778
Original post by Pink_butterfly
I am really hoping that now the deadline has passed, all of us that haven't heard, will start to hear back soon.

I applied for Archaeology on Nov 25th and the wait has driven me mad :smile:

I applied for a similar course Anthropological and Archaeological studies.. on the 16th December only had my application confirmed ; have you still not heard anything ??
Reply 779
Any Law offers?

Quick Reply

Latest