Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When is the deadline for getting an offer. Sent in my application for geology since last year november and still haven't gotten a reply...

I really want one so badly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mauvetard)
    When is the deadline for getting an offer. Sent in my application for geology since last year november and still haven't gotten a reply...

I really want one so badly
    Universities are encouraged to reply by the end of March but at the latest reply early May x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simmsie)
    Got a letter today for History, 2 and a half months after my offer came through on track.

Think they must have been waiting till after the ucas deadline to send things out so a letter/email should come through shortly if you have a post-offer day.
    2 and a half months :eek: I got my offer on friday so maybe mine will come sooner, hopefully there will be a post offer open day soon. Thanks!

(Original post by Potiron)
    I didn't get an email, but got a letter about a week after track was updated. Bearing in mind Christmas was in between, it was quite quick.

I guess it varies by department.
    Yeah I suppose it must, thanks for the reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    She's a purebred Arab, never had an Arab before her and she is quite a
    madam! Absolutely beautiful though :love: maybe I'll see you at the riding club then haha!

No I'm not a fan of beer or ale, real or otherwise, either. I don't mind the odd cider though, but then who doesn't in Cornwall haha.

Goodness I need to take a look at these societies they all sound fascinating! I'd better get the grades before I start falling in love with Bristol too much though

I used to think Joey (the Alpaca) was cute until I kept a pony in his field for awhile an he started chasing me not so cute now, I used to have to take a broom with
    me for protection!
    Mares can quite temperamental, I guess. Haha maybe you will! Although getting the grades will be necessary before I can join ANY societies at Bristol :P. I really should be a fan of beer too, but I can't stomach the taste.

Yeah there's a list of societies on the Bristol Students' Union Page and Sports clubs too..

And that sucks! I guess Alpacas can be quite moody, don't they spit? haha. Got many exams this month?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink_butterfly)
    I had an acknowledgement from the general admissions and then another one from the arch & anth admissions the day after I sent it, but nothing since
    Lucky you! I've only had acknowledgement from Birminghams Arch department

Good luck though! I'm really anxious to hear something..
    :| My Ucas just locked itself today so I'm slightly freeking out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lroberts25)
    Mares can quite temperamental, I guess. Haha maybe you will! Although getting the grades will be necessary before I can join ANY societies at Bristol :P. I really should be a fan of beer too, but I can't stomach the taste.

Yeah there's a list of societies on the Bristol Students' Union Page and Sports clubs too..

And that sucks! I guess Alpacas can be quite moody, don't they spit? haha. Got many exams this month?
    Haha considering shes a mare shes actually very good

Im trying not to visit the Bristol Website too much as I really do have my heart set on going there but am worried I'll fail my exams miserably and have my dreams shattered... I think it may be a little late to worry about falling in love with the university too much though WHOOPS!

I was told that Joey never ever spat at people but it was a lie...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faithy808)
    Lucky you! I've only had acknowledgement from Birminghams Arch department

Good luck though! I'm really anxious to hear something..
    :| My Ucas just locked itself today so I'm slightly freeking out
    Try not to get too anxious. These arch/anth departments seem to take an absolute age to contact anyone. Where else have you applied?

I have also applied to Birmingham and just have an acknowledgment. I also applied to Reading, who I have an interview with, and Worcester, who I have an offer from. I only got the offer last week though, so its been a frickin nightmare 6 weeks!!

ReputationRep:
    AAB offer for BSc Politics :-) Loved Bristol!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefan001)
    AAB offer for BSc Politics :-) Loved Bristol!!!
    Gahh mine's AAA
    They must really want you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mishieru07)
    Thank you It's my insurance, but I'd be quite happy to go there! It looks lovely, has a solid rep for Law, and they sent me a very nice post-offer letter.

Hopefully you'll get an offer real soon! Fingers crossed!
    Thank you! Literally every day I get more and more desperate to hear. Will be rocking in a corner soon :rolleyes:

So what is your firm offer, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simmsie)
    Got a letter today for History, 2 and a half months after my offer came through on track.

Think they must have been waiting till after the ucas deadline to send things out so a letter/email should come through shortly if you have a post-offer day.
    snap I only got my letter a few days ago after getting my offer in November too!! You going to the open day on the 16th? congrats

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I suppose it must, thanks for the reply
    No worries.

I know it's for a different subject and all, but what's leaning you towards Bristol over Warwick, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    No worries.

I know it's for a different subject and all, but what's leaning you towards Bristol over Warwick, if you don't mind me asking?
    Aha no of course I dont mind.

Umm well, it has a better Psychology department for a start, and the modules look better at Bristol. I prefer the location of Bristol, and also the places to live when you move out of uni accomm in the first year seem a little less bleak!

Before I got my Bristol offer I was deadset on firming Warwick, but I realised from my overjoyed response at my Bristol offer that my heart was pulling me towards there (even if I dont know why!) plus Bristols typical offer is AAA and they gave me AAB so maybe Im just flattered haha.

I am gonna go to post offer open days so I may still change my mind of course. :rolleyes: but alot of it is just gut feeling

Sorry Im guessing that isnt the practical and factual answer you were after.... are you torn between the two?

EDIT: I love the biscuit thing in your sig

ReputationRep:
    Aha no of course I dont mind.

Umm well, it has a better Psychology department for a start, and the modules look better at Bristol. I prefer the location of Bristol, and also the places to live when you move out of uni accomm in the first year seem a little less bleak!

Before I got my Bristol offer I was deadset on firming Warwick, but I realised from my overjoyed response at my Bristol offer that my heart was pulling me towards there (even if I dont know why!) plus Bristols typical offer is AAA and they gave me AAB so maybe Im just flattered haha.

I am gonna go to post offer open days so I may still change my mind of course. :rolleyes: but alot of it is just gut feeling

Sorry Im guessing that isnt the practical and factual answer you were after.... are you torn between the two?

EDIT: I love the biscuit thing in your sig
    I am a little bit, although Warwick haven't given me an offer so it may be irrelevant. It's a good answer, I will pay close attention to second year accommodation when I visit Bristol I haven't visited Warwick for about two years, I need to go back really. My gut feeling has always put Warwick over Bristol (cities scare me) but reading more about Bristol has been turning me onto it more. At least the longer Warwick takes to get back to me, the more time I have to repeatedly visit everywhere

I'm glad you liked it

ReputationRep:
    I am a little bit, although Warwick haven't given me an offer so it may be irrelevant. It's a good answer, I will pay close attention to second year accommodation when I visit Bristol I haven't visited Warwick for about two years, I need to go back really. My gut feeling has always put Warwick over Bristol (cities scare me) but reading more about Bristol has been turning me onto it more. At least the longer Warwick takes to get back to me, the more time I have to repeatedly visit everywhere

I'm glad you liked it
    I think gut feelings are important, at least I hope Im right. Plus Id always advise to go to post offer open days just to make sure

I loved Warwick, and like the idea of a nice *safe* campus, but then Ive heard so many great things about Bristol as a city, and I thought maybe throwing myself in the deep end wouldnt be too bad (but it does scare me a tad too )

Reading the Bristol prospectus makes me quite excited haha so Im pretty sure its the place for me (yes you have met the LAMEST person on TSR )

ReputationRep:
    I think gut feelings are important, at least I hope Im right. Plus Id always advise to go to post offer open days just to make sure

I loved Warwick, and like the idea of a nice *safe* campus, but then Ive heard so many great things about Bristol as a city, and I thought maybe throwing myself in the deep end wouldnt be too bad (but it does scare me a tad too )

Reading the Bristol prospectus makes me quite excited haha so Im pretty sure its the place for me (yes you have met the LAMEST person on TSR )
    Have you looked in H&R recently?

Bristol is meant to be the place where there's something for everyone, apparently. I'm visiting later this month, I haven't actually been before but my brother and girlfriend both liked it, so I sent an application that way. Neither of them firmed it though lol.

ReputationRep:
    Have you looked in H&R recently?

Bristol is meant to be the place where there's something for everyone, apparently. I'm visiting later this month, I haven't actually been before but my brother and girlfriend both liked it, so I sent an application that way. Neither of them firmed it though lol.
    Unfortunately, yes :rolleyes: people really do post ridiculous things...

Yeah I think Warwick suits a "type" of person whereas I feel like Bristol could suit almost anybody. Anyway my feelings will either be confirmed or disproved at the post offer open day so I can double check haha. I'll go to Warwick too though

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, yes :rolleyes: people really do post ridiculous things...

Yeah I think Warwick suits a "type" of person whereas I feel like Bristol could suit almost anybody. Anyway my feelings will either be confirmed or disproved at the post offer open day so I can double check haha. I'll go to Warwick too though
    I'm going to visit everywhere, and I'm also trying to get as many opinions as possible before I decide, hence the pestering sorry.

I really want to get it right this time. I don't want to go back to tesco :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone with a offer/place for dental Hygiene??
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samg123)
    Gahh mine's AAA
    They must really want you
    Haha doubt it!! I applied quite early so that might of had something to do with it :-)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.