ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aa05084)
    how do you know that no offers yet for history and just rejections
    thanks
    btw not trying to sound rude lol
    My friend has had an offer for History at Bristol about a week ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xhorseyhanx)
    I've just been rejected by Bristol for Economics when I thought I met their requirements. Predicted A*A*AA, already got an A in all core maths modules. I'm now waiting on Warwick too :/, getting a bit worried as Warwick is my favourite and asks for the same as Bristol. At least I have an offer from York and Birmingham. You?
    Warwick is also my favourite

And I've only got Leeds so far. I don't think it's on the same level as Birmingham or York but I'm happy as it's got a great business school.

Sorry for the double post, not quite sure how to multi quote

ReputationRep:
    yeh i was sure i read some people with offers for history. i applied for that aswell expecting the rejection bristol just is too competitive

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    Yeh that is definitely not true as I got an offer about 2 weeks ago. I think it's just the case that Bristol have rejected more applicants than they have given offers to recently.

Anyway, good luck with your application.

ReputationRep:
    thanks. suppose now news is good news lol
    what was your offer anyway

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Bristol for economics

Bit of a knock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexIsMyHero)
    Applying for Biology
    I presume you will then be applying for medicine once you have graduated?? Why have you not applied for medicine straight away?? It will be much cheaper, what with the rise in tuition fees

ReputationRep:
    thanks. suppose now news is good news lol
    what was your offer anyway
    Well I do the IB and it was 37 points with 6,6,6 in higher level subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mastermind360)
    Thanks I'll need it.

There is no point in finding out why I didn't get a place is there?
    im sorry to hear about bristol! if it makes you feel any better, bristol is one of the most competitive universities in the UK in terms of applicant to place ratio (wiki it). and i don't know about you, but if it were me, i would like to know why i didnt get a place. not only will it let you strengthen your area of weakness, it would also force the university to take a second look at your application and maybe think again about their decision..? either way, i dont think it would hurt.

either way, best of luck with warwick! i'm applying there as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therockandsock)
    Rejected from Bristol for economics

Bit of a knock
    Sorry to hear that

Could you tell me what were your predictions and grades please? Sorry about this, its just that ive applied for Econ. and Politics..

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    Ha well I'd asked if anyone got offers and then consequently got ignored so I'd thought a more drastic statement would get more attention. Which it did

Only because the offers I've heard of were either given out in november (a small number) or to mature applicants/deferred entry. So not really a fair representative.
    Have you heard back yet? Good Luck anyway

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    My friend got rejected for History last week, but got an offer for Ancient History the same day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Downbutup)
    Sorry to hear that

Could you tell me what were your predictions and grades please? Sorry about this, its just that ive applied for Econ. and Politics..
    GCSE:8A*'s 4A's 1b(french)

AS: AAAB (Econ,Hist,Chem and Maths(yes a B in Maths)
    A2 A*AAAb (hist,econ,chem,maths and AS further Maths)

Good luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Hanz)
    I presume you will then be applying for medicine once you have graduated?? Why have you not applied for medicine straight away?? It will be much cheaper, what with the rise in tuition fees
    I do not want to study medicine and i never have wanted to. I just picked a degree course that interests me and that I'll enjoy doing. I will hopefully find a career linked to this.

ReputationRep:
    Getting more and more worked up with every day that passes. Want to hear back before the end of this month because I get my LNAT score then and if I've done badly, it'll pretty much just be a wait 'til my rejection Bristol is just such a perfect uni.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything for geography? i got a letter just before xmas saying that they had considered me but could not come to a final decision so I would hear after the deadline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabrielle_w)
    Has anyone heard anything for geography? i got a letter just before xmas saying that they had considered me but could not come to a final decision so I would hear after the deadline.
    I got a letter this week (a few others got it as well) to say they were waiting for more applicants before making a decision. It's REALLY annoying especially since they sent it out 3 days after the deadline for applications. Did you apply for BSc or MSci?

ReputationRep:
    I've just been rejected by Bristol for Economics when I thought I met their requirements. Predicted A*A*AA, already got an A in all core maths modules. I'm now waiting on Warwick too :/, getting a bit worried as Warwick is my favourite and asks for the same as Bristol. At least I have an offer from York and Birmingham. You?
    WHATTTT?!!!! THAT'S CRAZY! I'm only predicted AAA and I got an AAB offer (With BB in C3&C4) I'd only guess personal statement, but I'd ask why they rejected you. I'm amazed I got an offer with my predictions.... What A Levels do you do?

ReputationRep:
    My head of sixth form told me that Bristol are a uni that think they're better than they actually are. She said one day there'll be a time when they only give out offers to people predicted all A*s and no one else. These people will get into Cambridge and Oxford and Bristol will start there course with no one firming the uni.

In some respects that's true. Oh how I wish I had hindsight!

ReputationRep:
    Not the same course, but I'm doing Biology and I got rejected by Bristol in early January (to study Biology). And today, I got an offer from Warwick. Regardless of their position in the league table, different universities will place different weight on aspects of the application. I really wouldn't worry.

Also, my sister applied for medicine two years ago. She applied to Oxford, Imperial, Bristol, another university and biomedicine as her back up. She did lower on her BMAT than the average and was rejected by all of her universities except Imperial. They interviewed her and made her an offer.

Anyway, good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.