Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebsy)
    Right so I'm going to put this out there.... Bristol for maths. Anyone heard anything????????
    Still waiting for a reply they said they would let people know by early Feb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachel0593)
    Still waiting for a reply they said they would let people know by early Feb.
    did they say they would let EVERYONE know by early Feb, or does that only apply to a specific faculty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    And you. I hope you achieve everything you could possibly want to.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    They actually said that final decisions would be made at the end of Jan to me..! :/ aah :-(

ReputationRep:
    right so has anyone heard anything for philosophy yet?
    this wait is destroying my soul

ReputationRep:
    they said Jan for me too argh. Anyone heard recently for french?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebsy)
    Right so I'm going to put this out there.... Bristol for maths. Anyone heard anything????????
    Some maths offers were made last Thursday and the Thursday before that. So if the pattern keeps going, watch your inbox this Thursday (and the next etc). :rolleyes: Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemima 92)
    Hey

I have an offer for History at Bristol, But i haven't heard anything about a faculty day :s How did you find out and whats it all about?

Thanks! xx

Wow well done! When did you hear?

(sorry for questions.. I'm nervously waiting!)

ReputationRep:
    This maybe only applies for maths, but..

I phoned earlier to see if my decision would be known before ucas visit days are over, and they said they will be trying to get through everyone before the end of next week. I am still in the process, so I assume that means not looked at yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Averagegirl:))
    Wow well done! When did you hear?

(sorry for questions.. I'm nervously waiting!)

Hey dw - i heard like 2 days after the Jan deadline passed. So not that long ago, and was offered AAB Best of luck to you!!

Anyone heard about faculty days?? I haven't been given any info on this despite having an offer x

ReputationRep:
    Hey dw - i heard like 2 days after the Jan deadline passed. So not that long ago, and was offered AAB Best of luck to you!!

Anyone heard about faculty days?? I haven't been given any info on this despite having an offer x
    This isn't for history but I got a letter regarding a faculty date about two weeks after my offer

ReputationRep:

WOW well done, AAB that's amazing. You must be thrilled!
    Sorry but do you mind me asking what your Grades are (like GCSE's, AS and predictions)?

Someone earlier said there was an arts one on the 16th or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stonewars)
    did they say they would let EVERYONE know by early Feb, or does that only apply to a specific faculty?
    No more of a general 'we aim to get back to all applications by early feb' and that was either in their email or on their maths site so it was specifically for maths.

ReputationRep:
    My maths offer came through early January last year, before I failed to get the grades.

Hoping my failure to get in last year won't knock my application this year like I was told in email. Should have A*AACC afater my retake of one module a week ago... I was already over the min requirements before the retake for Geoscience.

Ho hum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Averagegirl:))
    WOW well done, AAB that's amazing. You must be thrilled!
    Sorry but do you mind me asking what your Grades are (like GCSE's, AS and predictions)?

Someone earlier said there was an arts one on the 16th or something?
    YES i am I really wasn't expecting an offer though - was an amazing surprise! No course not, i got BBBAAAAAAA at GCSE and ABBBB at AS level,,, (and did speech and drama out of college) will hopefully get AAB at A2 as I really want to go to Bristol. Though its not all on grades, i have heard of plenty of people who have grades better and below that with places so i think your P.S is important too.

(Yeh i read something about an arts day. though i havent heard anything apart from a follow up offer confirming my offer from Bristol, so not sure whats happening there.)

Hope that helped, and i hope you get the responses you want from unis!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    This isn't for history but I got a letter regarding a faculty date about two weeks after my offer
    Oh cool thanks,, guess i'll just wait and see x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebsy)
    I applied maths too! I haven't heard anything yet It's the only offer I want!

Have you? or anyone else that has applied for Math?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer! I'm so glad - Bristol's the one place I could really, definitely see myself spending three years, and I was terrified they were going to reject me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHalkett1)
    right so has anyone heard anything for philosophy yet?
    this wait is destroying my soul
    I received an offer for Philosophy & Politics this evening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashhh)
    Got an offer! I'm so glad - Bristol's the one place I could really, definitely see myself spending three years, and I was terrified they were going to reject me!
    Hahah. Congrats!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.