The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jthlm
I get a sinking feeling every time I see this thread, thinking that there might be more English offers that have been given out... Oh Bristol, your silence is making me lose my sanity! Why don't they give out all their offers/rejections at once, does anyone know? Do they give out earlier offers to their favourites/definites, and then just take a while longer to deliberate over the others? I hate feeling unwaaaanted and unsure!

I feel exactly the same way - every time I see a Bristol offer go out I die a little inside.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by jthlm
I get a sinking feeling every time I see this thread, thinking that there might be more English offers that have been given out... Oh Bristol, your silence is making me lose my sanity! Why don't they give out all their offers/rejections at once, does anyone know? Do they give out earlier offers to their favourites/definites, and then just take a while longer to deliberate over the others? I hate feeling unwaaaanted and unsure!

Same here! :frown: Bristol is the only uni I am waiting on, it's so frustrating. I'm teetering on the edge! Good luck, keep faith, etc. :smile:
Original post by Muffinz
I feel exactly the same way - every time I see a Bristol offer go out I die a little inside.

A*AA Econ

:biggrin:
Original post by Glen_Nichols
A*AA Econ

:biggrin:

For English you twerp. :biggrin:
Original post by muffinz
for english you twerp. :d

you never specified.
Original post by Glen_Nichols
you never specified.

It was implicit due to the person I quoted.
Reply 1126
Original post by writerwho~
Same here! :frown: Bristol is the only uni I am waiting on, it's so frustrating. I'm teetering on the edge! Good luck, keep faith, etc. :smile:

Same!! It'd be my firm if I happened to get an offer but who knows if that will happen haha... Good luck good luck to you! :smile:
Original post by Muffinz

Original post by Muffinz
It was implicit due to the person I quoted.

Now, now, children.
Original post by jthlm
Same!! It'd be my firm if I happened to get an offer but who knows if that will happen haha... Good luck good luck to you! :smile:

Exactly! It'll be my firm, but if they don't give me an offer I have to decide between Royal Holloway and reapplying. What will you do if they say no? (Which I really hope they don't! :smile:)
Exactly! It'll be my firm, but if they don't give me an offer I have to decide between Royal Holloway and reapplying. What will you do if they say no? (Which I really hope they don't! :smile:)

What's wrong with Cardiff? D:
Original post by Muffinz
What's wrong with Cardiff? D:

Nothing! But I prefer Royal Holloway, so if I go this year having not got into Bristol, it'll be Royal Holloway. See what I mean? :smile:
Nothing! But I prefer Royal Holloway, so if I go this year having not got into Bristol, it'll be Royal Holloway. See what I mean? :smile:

Mhm, definitely. It's Bristol or Leeds for me!
Reply 1132

Just looked at your sig - out of interest, why not Cardiff? Do you just not see yourself liking it there? And oh I'm not really sure! I have an offer from Exeter, but I'm not sure how I feel about it... I'm going on one of their post-offer open days soon so hopefully that'll give me a better idea but I just fell in love (cliche much...) with Bristol from the moment I arrived on the open day! But I figure that I'll end up at the right place in the end, so if Bristol's not the right place then I'll just go somewhere else I guess! :smile:

I don't think I'm going to reapply next year, the fees are a bit of a disincentive and I think the stress of another UCAS cycle might actually kill me haha. But I don't know, I kind of got caught up with the prestige of Oxbridge, and then my application to Oxford was unsuccessful, which is fair enough because it didn't feel at all 'right' there, but I just have these stupid ambitions to go somewhere where I can go and 'fulfil my potential'... And I think I'm disregarding perfectly good universities in this. And I know full well I'm being completely ridiculous, so maybe I should just choose a university from the ones I've actually got offers from. I swear applying to university has made me lose my mind... Oxford told me I lacked clarity of thought and reading this back, that is so true! Haha, oh dear. I'm bad at making decisions. Maybe you should pick where I go for me :biggrin:

And I am really really sorry for making you read all this. I'm babbling again. :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Muffinz
Mhm, definitely. It's Bristol or Leeds for me!

Ooh, I sort of wish I'd gone for Leeds. It looks really nice! :rolleyes:
Ooh, I sort of wish I'd gone for Leeds. It looks really nice! :rolleyes:

It does! I'd be happy there but if I end up there it makes all the other work I've done completely pointless...

Original post by jthlm
...I just have these stupid ambitions to go somewhere where I can go and 'fulfil my potential'...

THIS!!! I feel like my gap year will be wasted if I don't get into Bristol because of all the work I put into my retake. I just want the year to have been worthwhile.
Original post by jthlm
Just looked at your sig - out of interest, why not Cardiff? Do you just not see yourself liking it there? And oh I'm not really sure! I have an offer from Exeter, but I'm not sure how I feel about it... I'm going on one of their post-offer open days soon so hopefully that'll give me a better idea but I just fell in love (cliche much...) with Bristol from the moment I arrived on the open day! But I figure that I'll end up at the right place in the end, so if Bristol's not the right place then I'll just go somewhere else I guess! :smile:

I don't think I'm going to reapply next year, the fees are a bit of a disincentive and I think the stress of another UCAS cycle might actually kill me haha. But I don't know, I kind of got caught up with the prestige of Oxbridge, and then my application to Oxford was unsuccessful, which is fair enough because it didn't feel at all 'right' there, but I just have these stupid ambitions to go somewhere where I can go and 'fulfil my potential'... And I think I'm disregarding perfectly good universities in this. And I know full well I'm being completely ridiculous, so maybe I should just choose a university from the ones I've actually got offers from. I swear applying to university has made me lose my mind... Oxford told me I lacked clarity of thought and reading this back, that is so true! Haha, oh dear. I'm bad at making decisions. Maybe you should pick where I go for me :biggrin:

And I am really really sorry for making you read all this. I'm babbling again. :biggrin:

Haha, don't worry at all! I understand perfectly - maybe it's Oxford who have the problem. Frustratingly, they said there was nothing wrong with any part of my application and it was just a case of numbers that I didn't get in. This is why I'm considering reapplying. And Cardiff, yeah, it just doesn't feel right.

I completely understand what you're saying. Ooh sorry, I have to go, the beaper is going off for my fishcakes! Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 1136
Offer for psychology :smile:
Original post by blackpot

Woohoo! Congrats, whats your offer? :smile:
Original post by blackpot

What was the offer? Congrats :smile:
Reply 1139
Original post by Pheebs1201
Woohoo! Congrats, whats your offer? :smile:

Original post by Noodlzzz