Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LazyCookie)
    Oh my gosh, I know! I literally rewrote my conclusion in 2 mins, my other one was awkward and didn't work. Not a good sign though :/ and lucky! I need it for my two faves, Oxford and Bristol, hence I'm having nightmares of being rejected from both! D:
    I ended up rewriting my introduction in the last 2 minutes! never typed so fast in my life :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rob1992)
    I ended up rewriting my introduction in the last 2 minutes! never typed so fast in my life :O
    Glad it's not just me! Hope you get an offer though! I just know bristol score the whole lnat out of 50 so it makes up a quarter of our applictions (since they do it out of 200). Eep.

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Bristol again after missing my offer last year. Different subject and have been told by head of Geoscience I would "probably get a place this year" and would have done last year.

Hopeful.

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Classical Studies. The talk on the open day opened my eyes a bit to how ridiculously competitive it is, but I'm hopeful, it's such a nice university & department! And I'm a bit of a sucker for Banksy, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miahrose)
    Applying for Classical Studies. The talk on the open day opened my eyes a bit to how ridiculously competitive it is, but I'm hopeful, it's such a nice university & department! And I'm a bit of a sucker for Banksy, haha.
    Yeah Bristol is pretty damn competitive. Nearly 10 applicants to each place for your subject, 17 applicants per place for mathematics. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Law. I've lived near Bristol all my life but I love the city so much I'd happily spend at least another three years here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    Yeah Bristol is pretty damn competitive. Nearly 10 applicants to each place for your subject, 17 applicants per place for mathematics. :eek:
    The figures really aren't reassuring, are they? Haha. Especially with how competitive it's going to be this year in particular! Good luck though!

I take a bit of comfort in the lady there telling us about how there is always a handful of people who apply thinking 'Classical' refers to Charles Dickens & Jane Austen rather than text from ancient Greece & Rome.
    A bit of competition wiped out just there then. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Social Policy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lattywatty)
    Applying for Law. I've lived near Bristol all my life but I love the city so much I'd happily spend at least another three years here
    Law is awesome so far

ReputationRep:
    Medicine...got my acknowledgement about 2 weeks ago and then one from the medicine admissions dept. about a week ago with interview dates...one of which is my birthday :/

ReputationRep:
    Applying for veterinary medicine.

Got an acknowledgement 3 days ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    17 applicants per place for mathematics. :eek:
    Why did no-one tell me this :zomg: It was meant to be my insurance lol..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppasloth)
    Why did no-one tell me this :zomg: It was meant to be my insurance lol..
    Hahaha. I know, crazy.

ReputationRep:
    17 applicants per place for psychology. Chances of getting in arent looking good
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    17 applicants per place for psychology. Chances of getting in arent looking good
    My (hopeful) guess is that a lot don't meet the requirements / are not of serious competition. It's different for oxbridge where it's 6 apps per place for psychology, however of those 6 almost all will be of a serious high level, and it's easy to assume it's the same for every other uni we're applying to, however, I doubt and hope that it's not.

ReputationRep:
    It's like 25:1 for English. Guess who's expecting a rejection

ReputationRep:
    Applying for English, acknowledged but no offer or rejection yet. Hoping for the best :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    My (hopeful) guess is that a lot don't meet the requirements / are not of serious competition. It's different for oxbridge where it's 6 apps per place for psychology, however of those 6 almost all will be of a serious high level, and it's easy to assume it's the same for every other uni we're applying to, however, I doubt and hope that it's not.
    Thats some consolation- although Im feeling like im one of the "not of serious competition"-ers lol!

Where else are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    It's like 25:1 for English. Guess who's expecting a rejection
    Ahh well good luck- I'm sure you'll be one of the ones that does get an offer if youre passionate enough
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thats some consolation- although Im feeling like im one of the "not of serious competition"-ers lol!

Where else are you applying?
    I'm sure your not

Oxford, UCL, Durham and RHUL

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 4, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.