The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Averagegirl:)
Well done! I am veryy envious!

I hope you don't think me annoying (and will understand why I am so nervous after waiting so long!) but can I ask you when you sent your application off and what grades and such you have/ been predicted?

Will it be your firm?

oH and what was the offer, like AAA or AAB?

Unfortunately AAA :huff: I think they only give out AAB offers before Jan to people they really want, although I don't actually know.
I sent my application off in October, and I'm not actually sure what I've been predicted, I think it's about A*AAA though.
Good luck! :h:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1181
Original post by Corkscrew
Has anyone heard for biochem?

and chemistry?
Original post by leticiabessel
Oh dear, I'm 5'10''! Haha no hope for me then!

Which one out of King's, Bristol and Nottingham do you prefer?

I prefer Bristol, probably put kings as insurance :smile:
Im sooo excited for uni now.... just hope I get the grades... nerve racking!
Reply 1184
Original post by un-besito
I will also be applying to UNITE house :biggrin: apparently it's only 10 minutes away from the main university precinct too, it's my favourite out of all the ones I've looked at :smile: Do you know whether we would have a chance to look around before applying or not? I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if not as there are plenty pics on the website and from what I've heard about UNITE housing in other cities it's pretty decent...

Im not sure..my open days on wednesday so il ask, but ive driven past it and it looks nice! what are you applying for?
Original post by katieb1
Im not sure..my open days on wednesday so il ask, but ive driven past it and it looks nice! what are you applying for?

Oh lovely, I've only been to Bristol once so I've never seen it! I'm so eager for them to send me an invitation to a post-offer open day...nothing yet! I've applied for Spanish and German :smile: How about you? Is Bristol definitely going to be your first choice?
Reply 1186
Unfortunately AAA I think they only give out AAB offers before Jan to people they really want, although I don't actually know.
I sent my application off in October, and I'm not actually sure what I've been predicted, I think it's about A*AAA though.
Good luck!

this is not the case as i just recently got a offer of AAB on friday.
Original post by aa05084
Unfortunately AAA I think they only give out AAB offers before Jan to people they really want, although I don't actually know.
Good luck!

this is not the case as i just recently got a offer of AAB on friday.

Ah is that for History? What grades etc have you already got?
Reply 1188
Hi there, I'm a Singaporean heading to Bristol (Law) this year, via deferred entry, and I'm interested to know (for those who've received offers) where you guys are from!

And, are you all on an AAA/AAB offer? Bristol took me in based on an ABB. Trying to convince my folks that this is an opportunity I can't afford to pass up.
Reply 1189
Original post by lroberts25
Me!! Geography (F800) :smile:

2011 Bristol Geography freshers here!
Reply 1190

Oooh make a generic Bristol 2011 freshers one :smile:
Reply 1191
Original post by Samg123
Oooh make a generic Bristol 2011 freshers one :smile:

Can't do that sorry, there will be an "official" one soon (if there isn't any yet).
Last year there were WAY too many, and ppl got confused :smile:
Got an offer from Bristol for law :biggrin: AAA condition.
Reaction involved lots of screaming and crying from myself and the parents. Waiting on Warwick but I'm almost certain Bristol will be my firm! So happy!
Reply 1193
Reply 1194
Original post by un-besito
Oh lovely, I've only been to Bristol once so I've never seen it! I'm so eager for them to send me an invitation to a post-offer open day...nothing yet! I've applied for Spanish and German :smile: How about you? Is Bristol definitely going to be your first choice?

I applied for history. Yeah already firmed it! Oh and also one of my old friends said at the weekend that he actually mover halls to unite as the others were **** and so far away! Cant wait to go :biggrin: Just need to get the grades aghhhhhhhh!
Original post by katieb1
I applied for history. Yeah already firmed it! Oh and also one of my old friends said at the weekend that he actually mover halls to unite as the others were **** and so far away! Cant wait to go :biggrin: Just need to get the grades aghhhhhhhh!

Oh cool :smile: What grades do you need? Really? It sounds even better by the minute :tongue: I realised today that I also quite like Goldney Hall, so that's another option though I think Unite will be my first choice :biggrin: I'm soooo excited!
Original post by pepper17
Well done on getting an interview! I'm optimistically thinking that it takes longer for Joint Honours applications to be processed as it has to go through both departments. And I'm worried about a phone call... it could turn into a rejection, haha! Where else have you applied to?
Good luck with your interview and everything else :smile:

Thanks for that.. have you heard anything yet?.. Have offers for Queen Mary's and Surrey and did interview at Exeter - but still not heard one way or another yet.. final interview is UEA in March... What about you?
Original post by robinyourpersie
Hello! I am on a 'shortlist' for G100!

Anyone else here on the shortlist? Any idea of what kind of numbers per place this will have been reduced to?

I really would have preferred a straight decision, rather than this update. Now If I get in I will feel a little inadequate compared to the others, and if I don't, my hopes have already been raised a little for that much more of a greater fall :tongue:

Hey, i'm on the short-list too. I got a letter in December, but haven't heard anything since. They said they would let me know after the dead-line. x
Reply 1198
Ah is that for History? What grades etc have you already got?

yeh its for history and im doing A2 at the moment so havent like full a levels yet if you know what i mean.
Reply 1199
Original post by LazyCookie

Original post by LazyCookie
Got an offer from Bristol for law :biggrin: AAA condition.
Reaction involved lots of screaming and crying from myself and the parents. Waiting on Warwick but I'm almost certain Bristol will be my firm! So happy!

Great job! Are you from the UK? I'm wondering how esteemed Bristol Law is in England, or anywhere else. Back home (Singapore) it's regarded relatively well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending