The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Hi, Im going on the post offer arts open day tomorrow, but somehow i've managed to delete the email, therefore I dont know any of the details.... can someone help me please?!?!

Im a philosophy offer holder if that matters!

thanks
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Innately_Hedonistic
Hi, Im going on the post offer arts open day tomorrow, but somehow i've managed to delete the email, therefore I dont know any of the details.... can someone help me please?!?!

thanks

damn you stealing philosophy offers :frown:
Reply 1202
Original post by @thebay
Great job! Are you from the UK? I'm wondering how esteemed Bristol Law is in England, or anywhere else. Back home (Singapore) it's regarded relatively well.

Congratulations! Me too!!!!! SO excited!
Original post by Forever a Gnome

Bitter Gnome, im probably a much better candidate than you.
Original post by Forever a Gnome

I just realised what your username referred to. By the way, how did you find valentines day?
Reply 1205
Original post by un-besito
Oh cool :smile: What grades do you need? Really? It sounds even better by the minute :tongue: I realised today that I also quite like Goldney Hall, so that's another option though I think Unite will be my first choice :biggrin: I'm soooo excited!

I need AAA, how about you! My post app open day is tomorrow! Im so excited to meet people on my course! eek might be flat mates haha! :smile:
Reply 1206
Original post by Innately_Hedonistic

thanks

I amm going too :smile: But for history so dont know if it will be the same! Mine says registration at 11 - 11.30 at a hall beinging with W (sorry! My mum has the letter this is just what I remember!) and the day goes on til 4. Hope this helps sorry couldnt have been more help, just ring them on your way and theyll tell you where to go.
Kinda worrying that they're already holding open days for the course I've applied to... :s-smilie:
Do you think its possible I have a rejection and UCAS haven't added it yet? Because their faulty. That would be a right laugh.
Really worried about history now!!!
Original post by Averagegirl:)
Kinda worrying that they're already holding open days for the course I've applied to... :s-smilie:

What course? :P
Original post by Muffinz
What course? :P

History, I've just read that the post-offer open day is tomorrow. Which isn't a positive sign to say the least :redface:
Original post by Scarlett1992
Really worried about history now!!!

Oh my God same! I've been refreshing my emails every 10 minutes, if I do actually get an email from track I reckon I will actually have a mini heart attack. Where else have you applied?
(oh and GOOD LUCK!)
Original post by @thebay
Great job! Are you from the UK? I'm wondering how esteemed Bristol Law is in England, or anywhere else. Back home (Singapore) it's regarded relatively well.

Thank you, and yes I am :smile:
I think it's regarded quite high, at least in the top ten. There's a lot of discussion about which unis are top (after Oxford and Cambridge obviously) and you'll find a lot of disagreement on TSR. However from what I've read on the forums, read elsewhre and from what a QC and a solicitor posted on TSR, after Oxbridge, the bar and MC firms regard most of the top ten firms fairly equally and shouldn't be inclined to pick a student just because they went to one top ten uni over another top ten uni. So in that respect, I believe Bristol is regarded high enough to give you a strong shot at the best law careers :smile:
Has anyone heard anything for English Literature? I'm holding out for Bristol, but it seems likely I'll be re-applying next year...:erm:
Reply 1215
Thinking (and hoping!) that they hold more than 1 post offer open days. I am a mature applicant so my case may be different but I was told that I may well be called to an interview open day sometime next month.
Original post by KingMessi
Has anyone heard anything for English Literature? I'm holding out for Bristol, but it seems likely I'll be re-applying next year...:erm:

I'm still hoping.
Reply 1217
I just got invited for the Drama selection day on the 9th! Anyone is going?
Original post by KingMessi

I'm exactly the same! :rolleyes:
Original post by Muffinz
I just realised what your username referred to. By the way, how did you find valentines day?

It was just lovely, being the single one in the group :')

I'm glad someone gets the name.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending