The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cappucina
Isn't everyone getting the same offer of AAB?

I am sorry to hear about Oxford, I got rejected by UCL.
So far I got offers from Royal Holloway, Kent and Bristol.
Still waiting for Bath to reply... Baths is my favourite and then Bristol so quite likely I will be heading there :smile:

What are your predicted grades?

I thought the majority of offers are AAA and a few are AAB, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong! I've definitely seen some AAA on TSR.

I'm predicted A*AA but rather worried that I might get A*AB/AAB... that would really mess my plans up :P

Good luck with Bath :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1281
Original post by Pheebs1201
They sent me a letter two/three weeks after I got my offer regarding open days :smile:

Oh good, I won't start panicking yet then (:
Original post by KayteeKaytee
Congratulations! What grades are they asking for for? I'm still waiting...

Thanks
Offer of AAA, I'm predicted A*AA
Anyone received an offer for LL12: Economics and Politics at Bristol? Since im thinking of firming it but need a second opinion
where's best for accomodation I was thinking of self-catered but not sure wheres best in bristol? Any help much appreicated
Original post by ameliajephson
where's best for accomodation I was thinking of self-catered but not sure wheres best in bristol? Any help much appreicated

Id second that, most of the accomodation seems miles out from the uni. Dunno how much this effects students living there...
Original post by Generaljake
Anyone received an offer for LL12: Economics and Politics at Bristol? Since im thinking of firming it but need a second opinion

Yeah I received one the other day. I will be firming it if I do not get an offer from Warwick. As for my insurance, for now it is Southampton, still waiting on York though.
Original post by artisticmosher
Id second that, most of the accomodation seems miles out from the uni. Dunno how much this effects students living there...

You're right that most of it is far out. BUT, they introducded a free bus service for 1st years this year so the 30/40 minute walk can be avoided. Obviously going out costs more with taxis and everything but apart froma ferw complaints on morning walks before the bus I don't think it bothers people too much. :smile:
Original post by angel_night
You're right that most of it is far out. BUT, they introducded a free bus service for 1st years this year so the 30/40 minute walk can be avoided. Obviously going out costs more with taxis and everything but apart froma ferw complaints on morning walks before the bus I don't think it bothers people too much. :smile:

oh right cool, thanks for the info
Anybody else still waiting for a decision? :frown:
Original post by robinyourpersie

I am..They emailed me saying they would reply by the today so just a matter of waiting :tongue:

Good luck :smile:
Original post by robinyourpersie

Yep. I don't really understand why they did some offers a while ago but seem to have stopped :s-smilie: I'm getting really desperate for a decision haha.

What course did you apply for?
Original post by Andy Ftw
I am..They emailed me saying they would reply by the today so just a matter of waiting :tongue:

Which course is this?
Original post by hayheyley
Which course is this?

Maths :smile:
Maths :smile:

Damn, not me then! I hope you get good news :smile:
Damn, not me then! I hope you get good news :smile:

EDIT: Oh I see your signature on the post above (it didn't show it in your last post :tongue:) best of luck too :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)

Psychology. I'm pretty sure there are a few others waiting on here too but that doesn't help my anxiety much :rolleyes:

Ahhhh another fellow Mathematician waiting for their decision by the 21st Feb... :s-smilie:

to be honest I doubt they'll reply today!
Original post by leticiabessel
Ahhhh another fellow Mathematician waiting for their decision by the 21st Feb... :s-smilie:

to be honest I doubt they'll reply today!

Yeah I think you're probably right :s-smilie:

I'm really curious how many are on the 'shortlist' and how many people will get through, though probably no chance of finding that out :tongue:
Psychology. I'm pretty sure there are a few others waiting on here too but that doesn't help my anxiety much :rolleyes:

Still waiting for English :rolleyes: It does help knowing others are sharing the pain!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending