Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Booshak)
    yeah I got rejected from Oxford aswell! am waiting on Bristol and Warwick... I specified Spain...do you think our application has to go through the modern languages faculty aswell? I barely mentioned Spain in my PS but I wrote about a project I did on development economics in El Salvador, which is where my mum is from. Did you write about loads of language stuff? Well done on the UCL offer, thats awesome! Do you know which is your favourite at the moment? Also, which subjects are you doing? (I'm doing french, spanish, eco and have maths already) Even though I did maths early but haven't carriedon further maths...dunno how that will effect my application.... Sorry for the twenty questions haha!!
    I think that it will be going through the modern languages dep as well...hence the wait.
    I didn't really mention France either, but in their guide on writing a PS it just says that we should just mention it...not go into detail.
    Err I am not sure, either UCL or Bristol probably (not really in line with many people here! haha)
    My subjects are in my signature xx

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for Philosophy last week. Will somebody please tell me more about Bristol? I know very little!

ReputationRep:
    Impatience level...

It's over 9000!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    Yay! Another computer scientist :woo: The computer scientists on this thread were missing for a long time. Is Bristol your first choice?
    Yeah What grades are you predicted?

ReputationRep:
    Who's going to the post offer day on the 23rd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warel)
    Yeah What grades are you predicted?
    Oh cool, Bristol is my insurance actually. Grades info is in my profile btw 2A*s and 2As. Fat chance I'm gonna get that :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpc16)
    I got an offer for Philosophy last week. Will somebody please tell me more about Bristol? I know very little!
    congratulations! Just wondering when you sent your application? I'm still waiting to hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamjar)
    Stick to more feminine pursuits like cooking and baby making. Computing Science will just crash that little female brain!
    Yay! Another computer scientist :woo: The computer scientists on this thread were missing for a long time. Is Bristol your first choice?
    any CS questions while im trolling the Bristol forum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    any CS questions while im trolling the Bristol forum?
    I doubt you would know because its not really CS but your sig says accomodation too but what are the chances of someone getting accomodation in Clifton/close to the university if hey got their insurance choice on results day? Or do most people who go to Bristol on their insurance end up in Stoke Bishop?

ReputationRep:
    Really looking forward to the post offer open day next wednesday (9th) anyone else going?

ReputationRep:
    How easy isit to change courses on the first week at Bristol?

I want to change from EEE to aerospace eng. xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    Really looking forward to the post offer open day next wednesday (9th) anyone else going?
    Me but for Biochemistry

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the post-offer History open days are?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Jade2009)
    Sorry to hear that, I've just been rejected for psychology too.
    Do you have any idea why you got rejected? Man Bristol suck but oh well, got offers from UCL and Durham so :aetsch:. Where else have you heard back from?

ReputationRep:
    Rejection for English

ReputationRep:
    Just emailed bristol about offers taking so long for Law, will let any interested people know how the reply goes when i get it.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for History.
    Bad times

ReputationRep:
    I doubt you would know because its not really CS but your sig says accomodation too but what are the chances of someone getting accomodation in Clifton/close to the university if hey got their insurance choice on results day? Or do most people who go to Bristol on their insurance end up in Stoke Bishop?
    urm.... i guess if it's your insurance, you'll get into somewhere like UH, unite (bottom of park street so close), hiatt baker... those are the places that instantly spring to mind. but who knows, i think i persuaded quite a few people to put UH down last year and they all love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    urm.... i guess if it's your insurance, you'll get into somewhere like UH, unite (bottom of park street so close), hiatt baker... those are the places that instantly spring to mind. but who knows, i think i persuaded quite a few people to put UH down last year and they all love it.
    How comes they remain undersubscribed (if that's the right word)? I mean, is there something wrong with them? Not very popular etc etc? Because I was under the impression that insurance students get the worst rooms because we wouldn't have enough choice.

Also, about the actual CS course, how business-orientated is the final year (you wouldn't know yet, but do you have any idea)? Because I've heard that it's incredibly high that people who normally struggle with the course, ace the final year and those who struggle with the entrepreneurial aspects, really struggle. And do you CS peeps normally do like summer internships etc at some companies around Bristol? Is it encouraged? Or can people not be bothered? Sorry I'm pestering you with these questions, just curious

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Bristol today (History) which means two rejections and only one offer

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.