Rejection for English
    I'm really sorry to hear that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Averagegirl:))
    Rejected for History.
    Bad times
    Same :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Wow Bristol seem to be having a field day with handing out rejections. Sorry to everyone who got one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarlett1992)
    Same :mad:
    Been rejected by Bristol and Exeter.

Urgh. At least I don't have to get AAA now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexIsMyHero)
    Me but for Biochemistry
    Haha maybe see you there, ya never know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Averagegirl:))
    Rejected for History.
    Bad times
    ah really sorry to hear that.

ReputationRep:
    sorry to everyone who has had a rejection today

ReputationRep:
    Just a note to anyone going up for the politics offer tomorrow, if anyone needs a lift from a broadly southwesterly area I'd be happy to pick them up for the cost of a pint of petrol...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    Rejection for English
    I'm so sorry to hear that They don't know what's good for them. I'll be joining you soon. Sincerely sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Do you have any idea why you got rejected? Man Bristol suck but oh well, got offers from UCL and Durham so :aetsch:. Where else have you heard back from?
    It was probably because I'm not taking 'science' type subjects at A level apart from psychology, or possibly my GCSE grades. Oh well Well done on your UCL/Durham offers! I nearly applied for UCL but decided not to in the end. I have offers from Cardiff, Sheffield and UEA so far - still waiting for a reply from York! Do you think you know why you got rejected?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Jade2009)
    It was probably because I'm not taking 'science' type subjects at A level apart from psychology, or possibly my GCSE grades. Oh well Well done on your UCL/Durham offers! I nearly applied for UCL but decided not to in the end. I have offers from Cardiff, Sheffield and UEA so far - still waiting for a reply from York! Do you think you know why you got rejected?
    Actually probably exactly the same 2 reasons as you! Good luck with the rest of your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Actually probably exactly the same 2 reasons as you! Good luck with the rest of your application.
    Good luck with the rest of your application also, and results day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    How comes they remain undersubscribed (if that's the right word)? I mean, is there something wrong with them? Not very popular etc etc? Because I was under the impression that insurance students get the worst rooms because we wouldn't have enough choice.

Also, about the actual CS course, how business-orientated is the final year (you wouldn't know yet, but do you have any idea)? Because I've heard that it's incredibly high that people who normally struggle with the course, ace the final year and those who struggle with the entrepreneurial aspects, really struggle. And do you CS peeps normally do like summer internships etc at some companies around Bristol? Is it encouraged? Or can people not be bothered? Sorry I'm pestering you with these questions, just curious
    they generally don't look as nice, and every hall has a reputation- e.g university hall = poverty hall. it is cheap, that is all. there is nothing wrong with the place. at the end of the day, you have more money to spend elsewhere!

i'm only doing the 3 year course.
    in the first year there is a business module. it is optional, but the other open units always seem to clash with lectures for compulsory units.
    in the 2nd year, there is a choice between 2 pretty simple business/careers based modules. just about to finish mine.

as for internships, i guess i should find a job, but im lazy, haven't been bothered and i do have a job (non cs related) at home.
    there are people looking for interships however, and jobs are posted on the cs department forums.

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Economics with Study in Continental Europe! A few days after I had been complaining about a slow reply on this thread.......!!!

Over the MOON.

ReputationRep:
    I just got this back.
    -----------

Dear Oliver,

Thank you for your email. Please do not worry. There are further open
    days coming up.

We are still making decisions at the moment and hope to finish with the
    vast majority in the next couple of weeks.

We are very aware that it is a long and painful wait, but do our best to
    make our decisions as soon as possible while giving each application fair
    and equal consideration.

Regards

Matti Punt
    ----------------------
    M Punt
    Undergraduate Admissions Secretary
    School of Law
    University of Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Innately_Hedonistic)
    why do you doubt it?

I clearly am as I was chosen, whereas gnomey has not been. Im probably a better candidate than you too.

really? If you really got how philosophical study works then I doubt you'd be so cocksure about it mate, to be honest, the more you learn the less you understand.
    Maybe you've done the A-Level, and you've read the wikipedia page for Twilight of the Idols. You've heard the name Soren Kierkegaard but you're not entirely sure, and you can articulate about half of what Sartre has to say.
    I know your kind so well. I'm sure you're great at regurgitating what other people say, absolutely perfect at it, but what was the last original idea you really had and haven't stolen?

ReputationRep:
    Rejection for Law.

Less 2 weeks wait, more 5 hours.

ReputationRep:
    Rejection for Law Basically just ruined my entire career choice actually contemplating reapplying next year and not bother going to portsmouth even though i have an offer :/ not sure if thats a bit selfish though :/ URGH!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParkLife:))
    Rejection for Law Basically just ruined my entire career choice actually contemplating reapplying next year and not bother going to portsmouth even though i have an offer :/ not sure if thats a bit selfish though :/ URGH!!
    Seems they are having a nice day of rejections again for us...i know few that have been rejected too (including myself, of course).

ReputationRep:
    Offer for French and Italian Three Bs :O

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 4, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.