Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernovae)
    N'aw thanks! It was a very hard decision, I just hope that it's the right one.

Give it your best shot
    Are you gonna firm soonish? And what are you picking as your insurance if Bristol is your lowest offer? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Innately_Hedonistic)
    hahaha good joke, so once you pass the minimum requirements you think grades are irrelevant?

Obviously nonsense seeing as the only requirement is a C at maths GCSE.

Also, who exactly am i brown nosing? im surely doing the opposite?

Think before you speak.
    How about YOU think before you speak, i didn't say grades were irrelevant. I said that the majority is dependent on your personal statement. So you claiming that its due to your better grades is just ignorant. Providing you have the "typical requirements", Bristol are going to really concentrate on how you've presented yourself in your personal statement. And, just for clarification, you clearly misunderstood what I said, which is funny because any person with an ounce of common sense would have realised what this referred to. Typical requirements does not mean just to have a C in maths at gcse, but the correct predicted grades for the course. You've sent your application, so i find it shocking i have to point out the obvious to you.
    Moreover, i find it even more shocking Bristol accepted you. But i suppose an arrogant applicant thinks the world of themselves and would be able to talk about themselves as if they were a gift to humanity. Maybe your acceptance is understandable if we look at it that way.
    Also, the sentiment "brown nose" is directed at the fact you are too far up your own arse. Perhaps it wasn't the best way to describe your arrogance, I'll admit. But I dont really care.
    Who are you to think you're better than other people? Loads of applicants get rejected from Bristol and get into even better universities like Oxford. So to claim you're better is idiotic.
    Don't bother replying, I can't be bothered to continue this.
    But, on a final note, i hope someone jumps you at bristol should you go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHalkett1)
    How about YOU think before you speak, i didn't say grades were irrelevant. I said that the majority is dependent on your personal statement. So you claiming that its due to your better grades is just ignorant. Providing you have the "typical requirements", Bristol are going to really concentrate on how you've presented yourself in your personal statement. And, just for clarification, you clearly misunderstood what I said, which is funny because any person with an ounce of common sense would have realised what this referred to. Typical requirements does not mean just to have a C in maths at gcse, but the correct predicted grades for the course. You've sent your application, so i find it shocking i have to point out the obvious to you.
    Moreover, i find it even more shocking Bristol accepted you. But i suppose an arrogant applicant thinks the world of themselves and would be able to talk about themselves as if they were a gift to humanity. Maybe your acceptance is understandable if we look at it that way.
    Also, the sentiment "brown nose" is directed at the fact you are too far up your own arse. Perhaps it wasn't the best way to describe your arrogance, I'll admit. But I dont really care.
    Who are you to think you're better than other people? Loads of applicants get rejected from Bristol and get into even better universities like Oxford. So to claim you're better is idiotic.
    Shame they caught the Jo Yeates murderer, really.

Spoiler:
    Show
    too soon? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    Shame they caught the Jo Yeates murderer, really.

Spoiler:
    Show
    too soon? :awesome:
    LOL! I couldn't agree more.

ReputationRep:
    LOL! I couldn't agree more.
    When I went to the post-offer day in January the students guiding us round the city kept joking about it as we drove through Clifton. It was a little bit sick really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayteeKaytee)
    Don't be so hard on yourself. You must have deserved it. Congratulations!
    You're probably right , it's been a Tense 6 MONTHS of waiting for my firm choice though. Hope you get an offer soon . If you put as much effort into Uni Chasing as you do forum posting you'll be fine. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    you are a very passionate man; it is admirable, but why dont you just calm down a little? I don't know why you think the personal statement is so key? Surely the reference is less biased and more useful?

By the way, I was only being light hearted. I find it amusing that I have provoked such a mad reaction from someone who keeps talking about noses and bums.

Moreover, I have done my A2s yet, and neither have most applicants, so the typical requirements are requirements for gaining a place, not an offer.

You sir are slightly messed up hoping that I get 'jumped'. I was being a **** I know, but you are showing yourself to be a much worse human being. Are you going to Bristol? Maybe we could go to the same halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayteeKaytee)
    BSc, BA or MSci? I'm an MSci but I'm kind of regretting it because I think the offer (if I ever got one) might be really high.
    Bristol don't offer a BA for geography, so im a BSC, but in all other uni's I applied BA x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabrielle_w)
    Bristol don't offer a BA for geography, so im a BSC, but in all other uni's I applied BA x
    Sorry, yes, forgot they didn't do a BA. I applied for BSc everywhere else x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Innately_Hedonistic)
    you are a very passionate man; it is admirable, but why dont you just calm down a little? I don't know why you think the personal statement is so key? Surely the reference is less biased and more useful?

By the way, I was only being light hearted. I find it amusing that I have provoked such a mad reaction from someone who keeps talking about noses and bums.

Moreover, I have done my A2s yet, and neither have most applicants, so the typical requirements are requirements for gaining a place, not an offer.

You sir are slightly messed up hoping that I get 'jumped'. I was being a **** I know, but you are showing yourself to be a much worse human being. Are you going to Bristol? Maybe we could go to the same halls?
    LOL k. Whatever man. I cant be bothered.
    But just for clarification, I am pretty calm; i just took great amusement in bringing you down a peg.
    Now really, stop talking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by writerwho~)
    No, why?

Good luck to your friend!
    She's applying for deferred entry and I was hypothesising that they might do deferred entries last- I was clearly wrong.
    Hope you hear soon!

ReputationRep:
    LOL k. Whatever man. I cant be bothered.
    But just for clarification, I am pretty calm; i just took great amusement in bringing you down a peg.
    Now really, stop talking.
    i love lamp.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer today for archaeology !!!

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting on Environmental Geoscience. Setting myself up for rejection now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    Are you gonna firm soonish? And what are you picking as your insurance if Bristol is your lowest offer? :confused:
    Yeah I'd quite like to firm soonish,within the next couple of weeks or so. I need to think about insurances actually. I wish that I could firm Imperial,but obviously that would be a bit pointless. It may be worth putting one down so that if I miss the grade then I have double the chance of being allowed in anyway. Also Warwick said that they still consider you if you miss the grade but get an A* in maths or physics. It's something I need to ask my teacher when I get round to it.

Speaking of A*'s, results day is on Thursday :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grodecki)
    Oh no sorry to hear you're still waiting. When did you send off your application? Don't lose hope yet, Bristol take ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grodecki)
    well done for getting this far...they've been giving out replies either way over the last week or so. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Only seen two offers from my department on here that arn't either international or mature... and none from my course so my hope isn't gone at the moment. Just considering other options

ReputationRep:
    Got my Psychology rejection tonight. Poo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayheyley)
    Got my Psychology rejection tonight. Poo.
    Really sorry to hear that :-( did they give a reason why? x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.