Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for English about two weeks ago
    As a quiet stalker of tsr Bristol threads, thought this might reassure some English applicants- I was convinced I'd been rejected and am actually really surprised at the offer. I was starting to think that their standards were impossibly high but I got two As, a B and a C in my AS exams, and I'm sure plenty of people here have much better than that.
    Good luck to the English applicants still waiting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilly14)
    I got an offer for English about two weeks ago
    As a quiet stalker of tsr Bristol threads, thought this might reassure some English applicants- I was convinced I'd been rejected and am actually really surprised at the offer. I was starting to think that their standards were impossibly high but I got two As, a B and a C in my AS exams, and I'm sure plenty of people here have much better than that.
    Good luck to the English applicants still waiting!
    Thanks for the encouragement and congratulations on your offer. I'm getting so nervous, I keep having dreams about it!

ReputationRep:
    Applying for chemistry/environmental science

ReputationRep:
    just firmed for electrical and electronic engineering, finally made a decision haha!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leticiabessel)
    Anybody going to the Maths open day thing tomorrow?
    Yup

ReputationRep:
    for anybody still waiting on english - i somehow got an offer today! sent my application off on the 9th november so wasn't expecting to hear from them for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whisperings)
    for anybody still waiting on english - i somehow got an offer today! sent my application off on the 9th november so wasn't expecting to hear from them for a while.
    Wow congratulations! May I ask what your AS levels and predicted grades are please? Thanks for the encouragement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by writerwho~)
    Wow congratulations! May I ask what your AS levels and predicted grades are please? Thanks for the encouragement.
    i'm on a gap year atm - got ABCC at as and then A*AB at a2 (resitting the B and need to get an A - 2 pesky marks :rolleyes: ) but i did my a-levels in a backwards and roundabout way so it's a bit confusing, ha. anyway best of luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    Each day gives me slightly more confidence that I may get an offer-after all, I haven't been rejected yet!-but makes me increasingly more tentative, nervous and snappy. UCAS should come with a health risk warning...:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whisperings)
    Well done! I presume that us English applicants are drawing ever closer to the day then...how has the rest of your UCAS gone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by playxsailxliv)
    French or Russian anyone?
    yep, I applied for Russian

no response as of yet

ReputationRep:
    anyone for Russian had an offer yet?
    I looked on the website and saw

Entry requirements for Russian
    A Levels ABB - BCC. B in Russian or another language

now I'm predicted straight As and school say I have a brilliant personal statement.. I also got an oxford interview (it got me that far.. but I failed). So I dunno, seems like enough? I like to think so, but I'm getting kind of worried, as I've heard nothing. Not only that, my mate is in a better position than me (oxford interview and predicted 4 A*s) but he got rejected by Bristol. Having said that, he applied for PPE.
    All very confusing and intriguing.

anyone heard?

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Ftw)
    Yup
    Oh I must have seen you there then hahahah oops!

ReputationRep:
    Law offer!

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for Philosophy...at this stage, I'm wondering how long I should wait before I just cancel the application. Has Bristol ever made people wait past the 31st March for a decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin Crack)
    Still waiting for Philosophy...at this stage, I'm wondering how long I should wait before I just cancel the application. Has Bristol ever made people wait past the 31st March for a decision?
    I've heard of April offers.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, last year an English student at my school had to wait until about a week into April...

ReputationRep:
    They have to make all decisions by the 31st of march, so spilling into april is a possibility

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Yeah, last year an English student at my school had to wait until about a week into April...
    Did they get an offer or rejection?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 4, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.