Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by writerwho~)
    Did they get an offer or rejection?
    They got an offer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    They got an offer...
    Good for them! I take it you're still waiting then?

ReputationRep:
    are people getting offers by post of e-mail at the moment?X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernovae)
    When does the union usually set up this group?
    Facebook page for Freshers 2011 is now up:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Univer...59803077410547

ReputationRep:
    Just asking, are those who hold insurance offers allowed to join this group? :ninja: Or would anyone be offended? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    Just asking, are those who hold insurance offers allowed to join this group? :ninja: Or would anyone be offended? :ninja:
    anyone can join / leave and no one will notice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsheppard11)
    Facebook page for Freshers 2011 is now up:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Univer...59803077410547
    Yay thanks! I'll wait until a few more people join before I do :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Dear Emma,

Ref: 1053071265/C801

The admissions tutors have considered your application to study Psychology (C801) at Bristol, and you will by now have seen that your application was unsuccessful.

However, I can confirm that this decision was processed in error, and I am delighted to advise that we shall be making you an offer to study Psychology at Bristol University.

I apologise for this confusion, and will ensure that your offer is transmitted to UCAS as soon as possible. You will be able to see the details of your offer, including any academic and other conditions, when you log into UCAS Track.

Congratulations, and we look forward to welcoming you to the University.

Kind regards,

Amanda Storey
    Science Admissions
    University of Bristol

OHMYGODMYGODOHMYGOD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subbacultcha.)
    Dear Emma,

The admissions tutors have considered your application to study Psychology (C801) at Bristol, and you will by now have seen that your application was unsuccessful.

However, I can confirm that this decision was processed in error, and I am delighted to advise that we shall be making you an offer to study Psychology at Bristol University.

I apologise for this confusion, and will ensure that your offer is transmitted to UCAS as soon as possible. You will be able to see the details of your offer, including any academic and other conditions, when you log into UCAS Track.

Kind regards,

Amanda Storey
    Science Admissions
    University of Bristol

OHMYGODMYGODOHMYGOD
    congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplestarfish)
    congrats
    Thank you! Still reeling from the shock/ unsure whether this is a dream. **** like this actually happens in real life?! haa

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Still reeling from the shock/ unsure whether this is a dream. **** like this actually happens in real life?! haa
    Are you likely to firm it? I firmed Bristol for Psychology last week so maybe see you in September

ReputationRep:
    Computing is too complex for your pretty little head. Stick to knitting and cooking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamjar)
    Computing is too complex for your pretty little head. Stick to knitting and cooking!
    Seriously, this is the third time you've gone through the effort of quoting me and telling me that "computing is too complex for my pretty little head" and I'm still not finding you even remotely funny.
    And no thanks, I'd rather not cook or knit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allyk130)
    I got the same email at about 7 tonight!

Has your ucas been updated yet? Mine hasnt....and it says its down for maintenance tomorrow....How awful!
    Did you by any chance write them an email when you got your rejection? I did and wondering whether that's anything to do with it. What are your thoughts? Nah my ucas hasn't yet either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    Are you likely to firm it? I firmed Bristol for Psychology last week so maybe see you in September
    Very likely indeed I'd arranged to go visit nottingham this week (post bristol rejection) so may aswell still go. In the event I don't get blown away by it i will be joining you in september

ReputationRep:
    Very likely indeed I'd arranged to go visit nottingham this week (post bristol rejection) so may aswell still go. In the event I don't get blown away by it i will be joining you in september
    Ooo how exciting!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, this is the third time you've gone through the effort of quoting me and telling me that "computing is too complex for my pretty little head" and I'm still not finding you even remotely funny.
    And no thanks, I'd rather not cook or knit.
    Oh don't be such a blue stocking!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamjar)
    Oh don't be such a blue stocking!:eek:
    Then stop being such a blue waffle to me

ReputationRep:
    Then stop being such a blue waffle to me
    I don't realise that you once suffered from this terrible virginal STD!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Dear Emma,

Kind regards,

Amanda Storey
    Science Admissions
    University of Bristol

OHMYGODMYGODOHMYGOD
    Exactly the same thing happened to me for history! Seems there's been a few of these 'mistakes'. Best feeling in the world when you open and read that email isn't it!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.