Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

To all NON-OXBRIDGE students ... watch

ReputationRep:
    if you HAD to apply to either Cambridge or Oxford, which would it be and why?

ReputationRep:
    its hard to choose i mean their both prestigous university's but between the both i would go for Oxford simply for the course i want to study.

ReputationRep:
    Oxford, because I prefer the course and the place to Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge, because it's reputation for natural sciences is slightly better, and I've never really liked the more political nature of Oxford.

I was very close to applying, but given that I couldn't even meet UCL's offer it's perhaps best that I didn't bother :sigh:

Maybe for postgraduate study

ReputationRep:
    Oxford, just because all my friends wanted to apply for Cambridge and I would want to be different (although only one of them actually is now, the others decided they wouldn't get the grades for either).

ReputationRep:
    I always support cambridge in the boat race... so er, cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Oxford only 'cause it's closer and was always under the impression it was number 1 and Cambridge number 2 when I was growing up.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure....... Might go for Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Eenie meenie minie mo.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinnerette)
    Oxford only 'cause it's closer and was always under the impression it was number 1 and Cambridge number 2 when I was growing up.
    Haa, same here. I don't even know why I thought Oxford was better, I just did.

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge, because I've heard they are more geared towards the sciences. Though if I got into any I would be ecstatic as they are both prestigious and highly rated.

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge. They don't do architecture at Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge My dad went there, and I prefer it as a place. I didn't look into either of them closely enough to be able to judge on the course though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizlaz350)
    Same I don't know why either . I suppose it's always the one people mention, in everyday talk and in the news and Cambridge to me seems more of a dark horse because I know little about it compared to Oxford. But to me I'd be happy with either of them only because I love places rich in history.

ReputationRep:
    Oxford.
    But both are not the 1st choice for my interest.

Rather Imperial.
    Rather MIT. Oh yeah.

ReputationRep:
    I would probably go with Cambridge. Apparently only the very most awesome people go there. Yep...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizlaz350)
    That's funny I live closer to Cambridge and I always though that was better
    Probably Oxford is more arts and Cambridge sciences.

ReputationRep:
    Whichever won the last boat race.

ReputationRep:
    oxford for the course. But I might go for postgraduate.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.