Turn on thread page Beta

Young Enterprise took my Money, I think... watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, this is the problem.

I took Part in the Young enterprise scheme and we made a modest profit after a year. Like the other members of my group I had paid £10 in shares and at the end of the year this had become £22.10. I recieved the cheque but before I could give it to my bank, I went on Holiday. When I got back a few weeks later, I gave the cheque to my bank and I got it back saying that the payment had been stopped.

I assume this is because YE closed the bank account.

What should I do to get my money back? Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a similar problem. I thought out finance director had taken it as he's dropped out of sixth form so we can't really get ahold of him, but what he told us was that he'd paid the money into it, but the account was now closed :/

ReputationRep:
    you've lost it mate, unless your teacher is willing to cough up.....

ReputationRep:
    Do you think contacting YE would work?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I did YE and we just got to keep the money we earnt without giving it to anyone, after we'd paid back the £10. I assumed it was like this for everyone.

I suggest calling them up, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    After your company liquidates the bank account will be closed and you will be unable to get your money from it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Jeffy91)
    After your company liquidates the bank account will be closed and you will be unable to get your money from it.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    The company is run by members of your group, not by YE.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 28, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.