Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victor_b1992)
    i was ment to be in roots but they change my accommodation to Jack martins last week. do you think that the system has not up dated it self yet.
    Maybe! Best to phone up and check, it'll only take a couple of minutes

ReputationRep:
    L2xx/WW. I'm guessing Westwood block L, second floor, room xx?
    How are the rooms set out and numbered?

ReputationRep:
    it says
    Charge: UG Tuition fees Course UESA (course name) -- £65
    but i thought that student finance are gone pay for all my fees.
    why is it asking me to pay 65.
    help
    I believe (although possibly wrongly) than you will have to pay £40 as the course fees are £3290 whereas your tuition fee loan from student finance is £3250, therefore you have to make up the £40 defecit out of your own pocket. Not sure if this is correct or why yours is £65 though how much is your tuition loan, if you are getting one that is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jumpin_jellybeans)
    L214/WW. I'm guessing Westwood block L, second floor, room 14?
    How are the rooms set out and numbered?
    Yep, that's Loxley. If you go onto the interactive campus map http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/about/visi...s/interactive/ and zoom into Westwood, you'll be able to see the names of all the Westwood buildings. Your room number will sometimes be written 214, L214 or WWL214 where WW stands for Westwood. Most commonly it would be written as L214. The 2 means you're on the second (top) floor and the L stands for Loxley. Nobody ever calls it 'block L'. The last two digits specify which room on that floor you're in.

ReputationRep:
    I got P15/RRA
    Which Im guessing is Room P15 in New Rootes.
    Is that the top floor? If so what floor is that because that might be a long walk up the stairs for my mum =\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttoby)
    Yep, that's Loxley. If you go onto the interactive campus map http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/about/visi...s/interactive/ and zoom into Westwood, you'll be able to see the names of all the Westwood buildings. Your room number will sometimes be written 214, L214 or WWL214 where WW stands for Westwood. Most commonly it would be written as L214. The 2 means you're on the second (top) floor and the L stands for Loxley. Nobody ever calls it 'block L'. The last two digits specify which room on that floor you're in.
    Ah thanks

I'll never be able to get my suitcase up two flights of stairs though...

ReputationRep:
    If I'm reading this right, I'm in Old Rootes, Block A, Room 56.
    I'm guessing that's definitely not on the ground floor.

Last choice option, old block, top floor room...I get all the luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JumpingJonny)
    I believe (although possibly wrongly) than you will have to pay £40 as the course fees are £3290 whereas your tuition fee loan from student finance is £3250, therefore you have to make up the £40 defecit out of your own pocket. Not sure if this is correct or why yours is £65 though how much is your tuition loan, if you are getting one that is?
    ok that make scene coz my tuition fee loan is £3225. and fees are £3290.
    but i thought that student finance pay the full tuition fee

ReputationRep:
    ok that make scene coz my tuition fee loan is £3225. and fees are £3290.
    but i thought that student finance pay the full tuition fee
    Yeah its strange that they dont cover the full amount, also my loan is £25 more than yours where abouts on your finance page did it say you need to pay an extra £65?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claire_Spoon)
    If I'm reading this right, I'm in Old Rootes, Block A, Room 56.
    I'm guessing that's definitely not on the ground floor.

Last choice option, old block, top floor room...I get all the luck.
    Heyy, You're in Rootes! You've been very lucky!
    At least you didn't get booted into Westwood or something, or sharing a room, or off campus!!!!

Plus being on top floor has it's benefits sometimes! You get the best views from your windows, and you don't have randomers from other halls wandering in the open door and nicking your food from the kitchen!

ReputationRep:
    Rootes - L04

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    Heyy, You're in Rootes! You've been very lucky!
    At least you didn't get booted into Westwood or something, or sharing a room, or off campus!!!!

Plus being on top floor has it's benefits sometimes! You get the best views from your windows, and you don't have randomers from other halls wandering in the open door and nicking your food from the kitchen!
    People really do that? :eek:

I've heard good things about New Rootes, but not so much about the old buildings. What's so great about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Rootes - L04
    gonna egg that joint yo

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its strange that they dont cover the full amount, also my loan is £25 more than yours where abouts on your finance page did it say you need to pay an extra £65?
    the same place where says the room number thing

i think iam gonna give than a call 2moro

ReputationRep:
    the same place where says the room number thing

i think iam gonna give than a call 2moro
    Hmmm, mine only has three seperate accommodation charges, spread throughout the year :yep: No mention of any tuition fees :no:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, mine only has three seperate accommodation charges, spread throughout the year :yep: No mention of any tuition fees :no:
    well look like u dnt av to pay the extra money then

ReputationRep:
    well look like u dnt av to pay the extra money then
    I've only got 3 rows as well... I reckon call them up and ask, as SFE should definitely pay for all your tuition fees in most circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    I've only got 3 rows as well... I reckon call them up and ask, as SFE should definitely pay for all your tuition fees in most circumstances.
    yh iam going 2 do that tomro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claire_Spoon)
    People really do that? :eek:

I've heard good things about New Rootes, but not so much about the old buildings. What's so great about it?
    Rootes are the sociable, 'fun' halls. It's big and full of people and in a convenient location In the first week, everyone's like "what halls are you in?" and you say "Rootes" and they'll go "ahhh luckkyyy!"

I heard about people going 'rootes shopping' the year before last; some dicks couldn't be bothered to pay for their own shopping so went through the other blocks and perused people's fridges taking things that looked nice. They got caught though :P one of them started crying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)

I heard about people going 'rootes shopping' the year before last; some dicks couldn't be bothered to pay for their own shopping so went through the other blocks and perused people's fridges taking things that looked nice. They got caught though :P one of them started crying!
    Oh that is so horrible.
    If I catch someone doing that, my oh my they will be victim my wrath :mad:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.