Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Lakeside 247
    is that floor 2 room 47?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tef07afc)
    definitely not floor 14! I stayed there in 1st year and can guarentee there are only 3 floors in the Heronbank blocks. I think it's more likely to be that the first 3 digits are your flat number, and the last digit is the room number (8 rooms per flat). e.g 1426 could be Flat 142, Room 6.
    Lol that's a relief! I found pics of Heronbank after and realised :/ Sounds like flat 142 will be on the 3rd floor
    Where in Heronbank did you stay? What you think of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JumpingJonny)
    Yeah, sounds about right; I dont know if any of the accommodation has 14 floors :p:

I am in Arthur Vick 2, floor 1 room 14 :yep: Really hoping it wont be as unsociable as people have since told me it is (I am sure it wont be)
    Lol I'll live with the 3rd floor XD Hoping mine won't be unsociable and not too quiet And I hope that all my stuff will fit in my room Really want the weekend to hurry up!!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am in Room 1/112/CH CH1/112 S

Does '112' mean floor 1, room 12? I am so confused! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink12)
    Lol that's a relief! I found pics of Heronbank after and realised :/ Sounds like flat 142 will be on the 3rd floor
    Where in Heronbank did you stay? What you think of it?

IIRC I was in flat 110. We were really lucky in that our flat and the flats above, below and next door were very sociable. That made for a very enjoyable freshers year with many parties and events. However there are very quiet parts of Heronbank but I think the resident tutors will allocate you according to what you wrote on the personal statement in the application.
    Rooms, kitchens and general standard is excellent, as you'd expect from a block that is only 3 or 4 years old.
    I must admit I was disappointed to get HB at first as I had read it was quiet, but, at the end of the day, if you make an effort you will find suitable company and thoroughly enjoy yourself. Hopefully you will be lucky and get a group of guys and girls that you get on well with, but if you do not, never be afraid to have a walk around because I guarentee you will find some like minded people.

Hope you have as good a year as I did!

ReputationRep:
    People have packed already? I've not even thought about it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mituozo)
    People have packed already? I've not even thought about it..
    Nah. I'm gonna pack tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    can some 1 translate 3/122/JM JM3/122 S. i think this means JM3 room 122

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victor_b1992)
    can some 1 translate 3/122/JM JM3/122 S. i think this means JM3 room 122
    Jack Martin block 3, on the first floor, room number 22 :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Who else is ******* sick of all the packing?

I think I'm gonna need a cargo plane..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JumpingJonny)
    Jack Martin block 3, on the first floor, room number 22 :yep:
    first floor noooooooooo. are you sure. Any chance you no how many people i share a kitchen with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    Who else is ******* sick of all the packing?

I think I'm gonna need a cargo plane..
    I know what you mean, I'm having a similar problem :sad:

ReputationRep:
    first floor noooooooooo. are you sure. Any chance you no how many people i share a kitchen with.
    First floor is better than the ground floor, less noise, less traffic etc You'll be sharing a kitchen with 11-13 people :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Why are people bothered about being on the first floor?

Surely it's the most convenient area?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)

sorry dnt mind first floor, i was jst confusing that with ground floor.
    does JM3 have evaluators

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)

I wanna be on the ground floor! :yep: Just can't work out whether Room 1/112/CH CH1/112 S means I've got my wish

ReputationRep:
    sorry dnt mind first floor, i was jst confusing that with ground floor.
    does JM3 have evaluators
    Lol, I meant ground floor. (I sometimes forget the European convention :p: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Lol, I meant ground floor. (I sometimes forget the European convention :p: )
    Well, everyone can have a look into your room through the window on the ground floor. It's much less private and a whole lot busier I would imagine as everyone has to through the ground floor to get to their flat or into the kitchen, etc.

ReputationRep:
    I was on the ground floor in my first year (Tocil Flat 56, room L if anyone has it now lol) and I was happy about it. I didn't want to be going up and down the stairs constantly, especially with tesco shopping bags!
    I was happy to get ground floor again in Hurst in my final year.

I think people worry about theft, but if you are sensible and make sure you are in your room if the window is open (shut it if you pop out to kitchen or shops etc) then you are fine.
    Also, Tocil was 3 flats on top of each other and there was a little entrance hall bit with the stairs to get up to other floors. There was a locked door to each seperate flat, so if you keep that shut, no one else can get into your flat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trooper30)
    ^^^^ I did the same as above

Anyone know how many are in Tocil block 58??
    Should be 12 people I think.
    I think 58 is the top floor? I was in flat 56 and that was ground floor. Think flats 57 and 58 are on top of 56. I may be wrong though, it has been a few years since I lived there haha xD
    If it is, it is in a great location.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.