Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a gap year and got grades ACC I want to resit chemistry and obtain either an A/B grade.

I'm applying to Kings, UEA and Southampton for the medicine with foundation year course. Essex for biomed and Nottingham for neuroscience.

Queen Mary allow people to transfer to 4th year medicine after 3 years of biomedical science (so that would be 5 years overall). Queen Mary want 320 UCAS points (ABB/AAC)

Problem: UEA won't consider people on the medical course who have predictions higher than ABC. So if i'm predicted AAC they will reject me.

Question 1: It it worth NOT applying to UEA so I can apply to Queen Mary?

Question 2: Someone told be to resit all my exams and aim to get AAA so I can apply for a few 5 year courses. Is this realistic?

Question 3: I want to resit 4 chemistry modules but don't know when, I'm going to America in a few weeks for about 2 months. Should I revise while i'm there and take the exams in jan OR wait till I come back and revise till june?

Thanks for your time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    I'm on a gap year and got grades ACC I want to resit chemistry and obtain either an A/B grade.

I'm applying to Kings, UEA and Southampton for the medicine with foundation year course. Essex for biomed and Nottingham for neuroscience.

Queen Mary allow people to transfer to 4th year medicine after 3 years of biomedical science (so that would be 5 years overall). Queen Mary want 320 UCAS points (ABB/AAC)

Problem: UEA won't consider people on the medical course who have predictions higher than ABC. So if i'm predicted AAC they will reject me.

Question 1: It it worth NOT applying to UEA so I can apply to Queen Mary?

Question 2: Someone told be to resit all my exams and aim to get AAA so I can apply for a few 5 year courses. Is this realistic?

Question 3: I want to resit 4 chemistry modules but don't know when, I'm going to America in a few weeks for about 2 months. Should I revise while i'm there and take the exams in jan OR wait till I come back and revise till june?

Thanks for your time!
    hi
    i dont think u should apply for UEA. Apply for Queen Mary instead. (I didnt know they did that, it's so good!!)
    but yeah, I do think u'd be wasting a space applying for UEA.
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyness)
    hi
    i dont think u should apply for UEA. Apply for Queen Mary instead. (I didnt know they did that, it's so good!!)
    but yeah, I do think u'd be wasting a space applying for UEA.
    good luck
    hmmmmm..

ReputationRep:
    Help please? :/

ReputationRep:
    Preety Pleaaase¬¬¬

ReputationRep:
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    :rofl:
    What's so funny? :confused:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.