Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend no longer makes time for me! watch

He lives about 50 miles away, and normally it's always me who has to travel to his (about 1 in 10 times he will come to mine.) I was meant to be going to his tomorrow and stay for a few days, but now he has cancelled because he wants to play paintball instead :mad: and says " we'll see each other in a couple of weeks" and sees no problem with it.

AND when I have gone to his house, he often goes to play paintball and leaves me alone for 12 hours.

I don't understand it, before he was so different. He always wanted to spend time with me, treated me like a princess. But now, he doesn't even put effort in. He doesn't even say he loves me anymore. I asked him why and he said "you know I do, so whats the point in me saying it?" :confused:

UGH what to do, I love him but it's just so emotionally draining?

ReputationRep:
    Either confront the guy, or do a bit of push pull. Go all flirty and stuff, your normal way, and then stop calling him for a few days, if he cares, he'll notice something s up and ull have him feeding of your hands. He may just be taking the relationship for granted, you need to show your high maintenaince.

Or, perhaps the initial spark is over and you have to do some thinking. 50 miles is a bit of pain really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He lives about 50 miles away, and normally it's always me who has to travel to his (about 1 in 10 times he will come to mine.) I was meant to be going to his tomorrow and stay for a few days, but now he has cancelled because he wants to play paintball instead :mad: and says " we'll see each other in a couple of weeks" and sees no problem with it.

AND when I have gone to his house, he often goes to play paintball and leaves me alone for 12 hours.

I don't understand it, before he was so different. He always wanted to spend time with me, treated me like a princess. But now, he doesn't even put effort in. He doesn't even say he loves me anymore. I asked him why and he said "you know I do, so whats the point in me saying it?" :confused:

UGH what to do, I love him but it's just so emotionally draining?
    u know it's time to break up

ReputationRep:
    my bf is like this sometimes.. so annoying! my advice is stop making the effort and wait for him to notice... he will
    if he doesn't then it's his loss

ReputationRep:
    Dump him.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I would say give him the time and space....I used to go play airsoft and stuff when me and my girlfriend started going out, you know how the saying goes, time apart makes the heart grow fonder? BUT, When i see your problem, there is the distance. So step back, go out with mates, take up a hobbie, HE HAS TO MAKE TIME FOR YOU....Let him cancel a game of paintball or two, so he see's you...it's a relationship, it give and take on both sides....and im a guy! :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    errrgh yeh so annoying know whatyou mean, i ignored him for a few days and that worked..but now its back to how it was. sick of it

ReputationRep:
    Did you get fat? Did your looks deteriorate? Have you gone past the expiration date?

These are legititmate questions as it can have a negative impact on your relationship that once had a spark

Just blackmail him with no sex. He will come around after.

ReputationRep:
    he probs has eye on some new hottie.

ReputationRep:
    why cant u paintball with him? 50 miles is nothing, i travel that everyday to and from work.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be pissed off.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.