Turn on thread page Beta

personality or beauty? watch

ReputationRep:
    a lot of guys say that they want a girl who can cook,clean and has a nice personality but when they find that girl (who may not be the most beautiful flower in the garden) they overlook her for someone skinnier and more beautiful, why?

ReputationRep:
    We don't, only the idiots do that.
    For me it's 75% personality and 25% looks.

Also, has something like this happened to you? :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Have you stepped into a time machine and gotten stuck in 1943 or something? :lolwut: What guy demands that from a girl these days :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    It depends if you think someone's personality can be beautiful.

(Original post by paula.a)
    a lot of guys say that they want a girl who can cook,clean and has a nice personality but when they find that girl (who may not be the most beautiful flower in the garden) they overlook her for someone skinnier and more beautiful, why?
    Clichéd reply: Personality > aesthetic beauty, but it's still necessary to have some attractiveness

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Not true, sure guys like to look at a sexy pretty girl but if she isn't nice to be around then she's not girlfriend material. However guys like girls when they are young want to impress their mates and go for trophy girlfriend. Most guys grow out of this, if they don't they you want to avoid those.

If you like someone a lot they become beautiful to you, thats the way it's always been.

ReputationRep:
    The first thing a person sees it your face and your body, not your personality. So most guys will probably go to the good-looking girl first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Clichéd reply: Personality > aesthetic beauty, but it's still necessary to have some attractiveness

:rolleyes:
    I hadn't seen your posts around the forum in ages. I was hoping you died while trying to access CCTV footage of Oxbridge grounds to masturbate over.

ALAS.

ReputationRep:
    I think young teenage males 14 - 17, will be pretty much 100% looks, it's only as you get older you disregard(Not completely) looks and move more onto the the personality. Tbh if there was a girl with an amzing personality, but wasn't that good looking, I wouldn't want to be seen with her on the street. Probably just **** and duck.....

Luckily for me I can get good looking girls with a good personality so it's all bless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SatanIsAwesome)
    We don't, only the idiots do that.
    For me it's 75% personality and 25% looks.

Also, has something like this happened to you? :ahee:
    its happend a couple of times but its just something ive noticed recently

ReputationRep:
    i dunno maybe it jus happends in my area then

ReputationRep:
    i dunno maybe it jus happends in my area then
    This seems to be the case, then again, maybe you aren't meeting people in the right places :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SatanIsAwesome)
    This seems to be the case, then again, maybe you aren't meeting people in the right places :rolleyes:
    true maybe i should leave london

ReputationRep:
    I look for personality

ReputationRep:
    IMO, someone with average looks and amazing personality would be far more attractive to me than someone with no personality and good looking. It is far more powerful than a short-term attraction, and if it was only based on looks, then the relationship will no doubt fade to nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    I think young teenage males 14 - 17, will be pretty much 100% looks, it's only as you get older you disregard(Not completely) looks and move more onto the the personality. Tbh if there was a girl with an amzing personality, but wasn't that good looking, I wouldn't want to be seen with her on the street. Probably just **** and duck.....

Luckily for me I can get good looking girls with a good personality so it's all bless
    Are you wonderfully sarcastic and humorous, or just a really big ****?

ReputationRep:
    lies! don't believe them :rolleyes:
    everyone's shallow and goes for beauty and hopes the rest is hidden there somewhere.
    ok im mildly depressed today sorry for passing it on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beci.please)
    Are you wonderfully sarcastic and humorous, or just a really big ****?
    I think he's just being honest.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iche)
    I think he's just being honest.:yep:
    Thus it's the latter.

ReputationRep:
    If I was a mod I'd close every single thread like this but no, they're more concerned with handing out BS warnings for trivial things like 'offensiveness'. HOHOHO.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.