The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If he was drunk enough for it to be affecting him like that then maybe you should also mention the alcohol? he shouldn't be drinking THAT MUCH on the job. . .

You should tell someone though, this may not be the first time he has done it
Losing his job seems far too extreme. It was only a kiss.
Reply 22
Why are people saying blackmail him.... classy people you are.
Reply 23
he's already subject of gross misconduct which can get him sacked
Reply 24
I wonder what people would say on here if it was a drunk female tutor, trying to kiss a male student. Would you guys even mention blackmail? Or would you just say man up and stop whining?

OP, just leave it. He could lose his job or worse, over a kiss HE DIDN'T EVEN GET. He tried to get one, but you pushed him away, so it's not like he raped you. Just give him a warning, and if he keeps trying, then report him.
(edited 13 years ago)
He probably feels dreadful about it too- we've all done regrettable things on the drink. Report it if anything happens again. Only warn him off if it makes you feel more comfortable.
Reply 26
plastercaster
He probably feels dreadful about it too- we've all done regrettable things on the drink.

Yes- but not in the middle of the day when you're at work dealing with students; many of whom were new to the University going to him for help and advice. Surely if he can't distinguish the fact that it's wrong to try and kiss a student, how is he supposed to do the rest of his job?!
Fair point, but for all you know his wife just left him. If it's a one off thing, I'd rather not get him fired over it. then again, I wasn't there.
I think you should tell someone. It's a total lack of respect for his students, and abusing his position. Plus, if he is having problems with alcohol or whatever then telling someone might mean that he gets the help he needs.
Reply 29
Fit a camera in yor room, catch him, blackmail him, profit???!!??
Reply 30
LOL

You all have been trolled. Successful troll is successful. God some people are gullible.
Reply 31
Sithius
LOL

You all have been trolled. Successful troll is successful. God some people are gullible.

I actually wish this was true, believe me, but unfortunately it did really happen, made me feel **** and feel uncomfortable and has left me dreading the next time I have to see him.

But hey, if you get kicks from accusing people of trolling who have actually come to this forum for HELP, then whatever, go you.
Reply 32
Anonymous
I actually wish this was true, believe me, but unfortunately it did really happen, made me feel **** and feel uncomfortable and has left me dreading the next time I have to see him.

But hey, if you get kicks from accusing people of trolling who have actually come to this forum for HELP, then whatever, go you.

Freudian slip. :teehee:
Lucy..x
I would definitely mention it to someone, that's completely out of order. Drunk or not he's supposed to be professional. I imagine they're forbidden to have contact like that with students, particularly ones who don't want it.

This
pervert.
Reply 35
Is he fit cus if so then go for it! Easy grades?
Reply 36
It's all very well for people to tell her to do nothing, but it's not really fair if she has to be constantly uncomfortable in the seminars because of HIS actions. OP, I think it's up to you whether to tell someone or not, but your idea of writing him a letter asking to change groups is probably a good idea.
sassy123
Use this to your advatange and blackmail him.

Why aren't there more women like you?
I am in love.
Reply 38
Anonymous

Thank you everyone else for your advice. I think I will write him a letter asking him to either get my seminar changed, or make up some excuse why he can't take a seminar at that time.

I guess he must be having problems or something if he was drinking to the point of me being able to smell it on him during the day. I don't really want to get him into trouble, but I'd also prefer not to be in the same room as him again if I can help it, either.

Bravo for handling it the right way, some people here definitely watch too much TV :p:
Reply 39
Sithius
Freudian slip. :teehee:

¬_¬ I meant I wish I could say that I was trolling. I would prefer to have trolled than for it to have actually happened, but hey none of you are the ones who've had to go through it are you.

Latest

Trending

Trending