Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you express that you're not interested? watch

ReputationRep:
    You have a feeling that a girl/boy likes you, but you do NOT share the same feelings for that person, how would you go about expressing this, without being blunt or rude about it?

Would you ignore person? Never initiate a convo with them? Fake your smiles, or NOT smile at all?

What would you do?

ReputationRep:
    You are scared of hurting his/her feeling by being blunt? Make it easy for you and yourself and say - I'm not interested (of course kindly). Why in the hell would you rather try to ignore him/nmot smile? that sounds tiring.

ReputationRep:
    Don't ignore them but not give them too much attention.

Someone told me they weren't interested once, which was funny because I wasn't interested either :s Stupid overdefensive girl.

ReputationRep:
    tell him i have a really big penis.

but seriously, are we friends already? if so, i do nothing and just hope he doesn't act on it... if he does, then i'd just be honest and say i don't feel the same way. but i wouldn't ignore/be cold, as we're friends n all that.

otherwise, just tell him he's better off trying his charms on another girl

ReputationRep:
    Urm don't want to hurt their feelings, especially if you know for certain they like you. You just have to explain in the nicest way possible that nothing will ever happen between you two.

I know it's difficult but you have to or you'll be stringing him a long. I recently had to tell someone so I understand how you feel about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arabie)
    tell him i have a really big penis.

but seriously, are we friends already? if so, i do nothing and just hope he doesn't act on it... if he does, then i'd just be honest and say i don't feel the same way. but i wouldn't ignore/be cold, as we're friends n all that.

otherwise, just tell him he's better off trying his charms on another girl
    Ok, but would you ever initiate a convo with him, text/call him first etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    Ok, but would you ever initiate a convo with him, text/call him first etc?
    friend - yes, but with much thought probably and not often. unless we were close, then i'd never second think calling/texting first

otherwise, very unlikely

is this a situation you're in or something?

ReputationRep:
    My boners usually give it away tbh.

ReputationRep:
    friend - yes, but with much thought probably and not often. unless we were close, then i'd never second think calling/texting first

otherwise, very unlikely

is this a situation you're in or something?
    Kind of, but Im the one that has feelings for the girl. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Just man up and ask her already. Making the same thread worded differently everyday isn't going to get you the answer you want. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how persistent they're being. Don't initiate conversations unless necessary, avoid eye contact, if they speak to you give quick answers. Being a bit cruel is necessary with people who just don't take hints.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nitez)
    Just man up and ask her already. Making the same thread worded differently everyday isn't going to get you the answer you want. :rolleyes:
    lol says the guy who made about 10000 threads asking girls if height was important :sigh:

op, do you think she's not interested or are you just being paranoid and looking for signs that she isn't? if the latter, chiiiilll and enjoy getting to know her and make your move when opportunity arises

ReputationRep:
    lol says the guy who made about 10000 threads asking girls if height was important :sigh:

op, do you think she's not interested or are you just being paranoid and looking for signs that she isn't? if the latter, chiiiilll and enjoy getting to know her and make your move when opportunity arises
    So? My point still stands.

OP you need to just ask her because before you know it, it will be too late and you will be left wondering "what if" for the rest of your life. You really don't want that. Trust me.

Even if she rejects you, you'd feel so much better knowing you tried.

ReputationRep:
    Ok OP, I think I see what you're getting at. You like a girl and want to know what sort of things she would do if she realised you like her but didn't feel the same way. It's difficult to tell really - I guess the way to look at it is to think of all the classic signs of attraction and see whether she is displaying any of those. As demonstrated in this thread so far, there are some people who can be incredibly immature about the situation in which you realise someone you're not attracted to might like you. It's possible that she realises you like her, but if she has any common sense at all she will not express her disinterest (if she is disinterested!) unless you explicitly express your interest. She will also, if mature, still be friendly and normal towards you if she guesses that you have a bit of a thing about her.
    I'd say ask her!
    Oh, you're asking what we'd personally do. Well, I'm not the type to think that everyone is in love with me. Sometimes I get a vibe that someone likes me, but I usually tell myself that I am being ridiculous, arrogant and reading too much into things. So I carry on as normal, am friendly but not flirtatious (if I'm not attracted to them) and would only express lack of interest, like I said, if they told me that they liked me.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, some of those things you listed I do towards the guys who I do like. I usually wait for the guy to approach........it is awful of me really!

If I was to express to someone that I wasn't interested, I would either say it directly or in a subtle way, for example "I only see you as a friend".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    My boners usually give it away tbh.
    :lolwut:
    OK, haha, I suppose you are serious :p: .

Well just say to them, "I am sorry, I don't have the same feelings as you do" I think, I am not so sure about this, I don't really know the subtle ways of it.

haha, nitez,what on earth are you doing on a thread like this? Go get some taller shoes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarsi)
    :lolwut:
    haha, nitez,what on earth are you doing on a thread like this? Go get some taller shoes!
    Go get some better jokes because that was terrible.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    How is she acting around you? I could help interpreting it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misnomer)
    How is she acting around you? I could help interpreting it.
    Mate, you cant even interpret how to get yourself out of a paper bag so how do you expect to be of any help to this guy?

ReputationRep:
    One girl did that when I wasn't interested... I'm just a very friendly person and now she's made it extremely awkward between us -___-

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.