Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Other then forearm tattoos?

ReputationRep:
    Sleeves, or half sleeves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Sleeves, or half sleeves.
    Will they look bad if you had smallish arms and put mass on after?

ReputationRep:
    Any tattoo looks bad if the area changes shape a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    Will they look bad if you had smallish arms and put mass on after?
    There's always a possibility that they may stretch if your skin has accommodate more fat...

ReputationRep:
    I was gunna say it'd be called a half sleeve (full sleeve obv if it was all the way up the arm)

Also, the guy is hot :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Do they cost a lot?
    I was thinking of similar however with portions of things that have been influential to my life.

ReputationRep:
    Do they cost a lot?
    I was thinking of similar however with portions of things that have been influential to my life.
    Something like that would cost you at least a few hundred, but it's impossible to give a proper price estimate without knowing what you want, how much of your arm would be covered, how detailed the design would be, etc. You pay for both skin coverage and time - so if your sleeve is relatively sparse and uncomplicated, it will cost less than a full, complex sleeve with lots of intricate detail.

ReputationRep:
    Sleeves. Any change in size can distort a tattoo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *pitseleh*)
    Something like that would cost you at least a few hundred, but it's impossible to give a proper price estimate without knowing what you want, how much of your arm would be covered, how detailed the design would be, etc. You pay for both skin coverage and time - so if your sleeve is relatively sparse and uncomplicated, it will cost less than a full, complex sleeve with lots of intricate detail.
    Do people think the tattoos similar to the picture look good? or Tacky/cheap leading to unemployment.

ReputationRep:
    Do people think the tattoos similar to the picture look good? or Tacky/cheap leading to unemployment.
    In that photo, it looks good. But the same guy with different clothes/lighting could make the same tattoo look majorly chavvy and horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    In that photo, it looks good. But the same guy with different clothes/lighting could make the same tattoo look majorly chavvy and horrible.

I do wear those sorts of clothes. but im thinking of getting tattoos done next year when i've got longer hair and dress a bit more vintage/rocker style.

ReputationRep:
    I do wear those sorts of clothes. but im thinking of getting tattoos done next year when i've got longer hair and dress a bit more vintage/rocker style.
    Make sure you choose a design you wont get bored of or hate a few years down the line. Also make sure you go to a reputable tattooist!

ReputationRep:
    Do they cost a lot?
    As someone else said, it is likely to cost in the hundreds. Tattoos are priced based on how long it takes to complete the design and then carry out the tattoo-ing so any price they tell you beforehand is just an estimate. So you have some reference to go by, I was going to get a little black (just the outline) of a heart on my wrist, and it would have cost about £25-£30, so a full/half sleeve will cost a bomb!

ReputationRep:
    Getting tattoos based upon the opinions of others is so awful and generally seems to lead to horrible, generic tattoos that I'd hope any sane person would come to regret within a few years.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.