Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Want to change chosen course after first lecture... Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's not my main degree but just one of the courses we had to choose, I admit I didn't know much about the courses beore I picked them and had no real information (possible mistake) so I literally just chose on what sounded appealing / interesting enough to me

So I'm in this politics lecture on conflict, resolution or something or other read over the course outline, see all the assessments and everything and just think to myself "Ok, I'm bored out of my mind, why am I here? I really don't want to be doing this", I did feel like just walking out but I'd rather just change the course than get forcibly removed from it by the Uni

Anyway it seemed interesting at first but it really isn't, some of the discussion points are vaguely interesting but I can't see myself enjoying it, so should I just change ASAP or give it another week and then decide? I've been told changing after the first lecturei s a bit rash
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    One of the modules?

I changed a module in my second year after only one or two lectures, but I had slightly different reasons. It may be possible for you to attend a different module alongside that one before you make your decision?

Speak to your personal tutor

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.