Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    Hey, don't knock Sky! They've got some quality reporters, they show some nice in-depth discussions, plus it's in HD! And it's not like Murdoch's there in the corner of the screen permanently giving you the finger or something.
    This. Sometimes I can forget Sky is Murdoch. It's about the only half decent thing Sky produce. Oh wait, they don't produce much themselves. Football doesn't count btw.

Sky News will get worse soon though...:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    This. Sometimes I can forget Sky is Murdoch. It's about the only half decent thing Sky produce. Oh wait, they don't produce much themselves. Football doesn't count btw.

Sky News will get worse soon though...:holmes:
    Agreed. I think the main reason people think Sky News is a trashy, biased channel is because News International also own Fox News (which blatantly is).

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. I think the main reason people think Sky News is a trashy, biased channel is because News International also own Fox News (which blatantly is).
    I have Fox in place of Comedy Central on my box.

ReputationRep:
    I have Fox in place of Comedy Central on my box.
    Ahh yes, the likes of Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity and, of course, the godfather of right-wing nutjobs Glenn Beck are much funnier than anything they ever show on Comedy Central...

ReputationRep:
    Yet people still respect The Times...

ReputationRep:
    Ahh yes, the likes of the godfather of right-wing nutjobs Glenn Beck are much funnier than anything they ever show on Comedy Central...
    Yeh, just him'll do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    If anyone could read it these days :eek:

ReputationRep:
    There was a time when terrorists chained themselves to Westminster, wrote stern letters and got run over by horses.

Those days are sorely missed.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone could read it these days :eek:
    ...? You mean the locked online stuff?

I get the paper form everyday so don't have that issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naffy)
    I bet they were just planning multiple parties across European cities

and words like 'sparklers', 'bangers' were thrown in and created a big misunderstanding

Yeah abdual said it was going to be a blast

ReputationRep:
    Mm, I was gonna mention that, but NI's trashy papers like The Sun are quite clearly different in appearance and content from The Times, whereas... Ah whatever, my theory's BS. :p:

ReputationRep:
    ...? You mean the locked online stuff?

I get the paper form everyday so don't have that issue.
    Ya, but you still have to pay for it and I don't buy newspapers :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, just him'll do
    Love that man. Did you hear that he raped and murdered a girl in 1990? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    lol @ the whole topic, there's always a random terror plot uncovered just when people start getting annoyed about the number of our guys getting KIA overseas. I wish theyd just settle it with the politicians via good old fashioned fisticuffs.

ReputationRep:
    Alex Watts, Sky News Online

Intelligence agencies have intercepted a terror plot to launch Mumbai-style attacks on Britain and other European countries, according to Sky News sources.

Sky's foreign affairs editor Tim Marshall said militants based in Pakistan had been planning simultaneous strikes on London and major cities in France and Germany.

He said the plan was in the "advanced but not imminent stage" and the plotters had been tracked by spy agencies "for some time".

Intelligence sources told Sky the planned attacks would have been similar to the commando-style raids carried out in Mumbai.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...is_And_Germany
    Im not saying anything but take this news with a large pinch of salt - you saw the other week the deliberate misreporting of the arrest of 6 algerians.This also happened to the two brothers whose house got searched some years ago as well as the threat of liquid explosives on planes.

ReputationRep:
    The only reason why the intelligence agencies know is because they'll carry out the attacks. Not the 'Taliban' or 'Al Qaeda'.

ReputationRep:
    That wouldve been amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    The only reason why the intelligence agencies know is because they'll carry out the attacks. Not the 'Taliban' or 'Al Qaeda'.
    Yes, cos nobody hates the West apart from the West:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, cos nobody hates the West apart from the West:rolleyes:
    IDK if you're being sarcastic or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    haha nice to have a bit of comedy on TSR.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.