Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help!? SHY BOY!? give up!? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeziGna)
    I meant is he nerdy, geeky not me lol :yep:
    i can talk to girls, but i want to be able to talk to random cute ones just walk upto them but i dunno how to break the ice? and not seem weird :p:
    Oh!!! Hahahahah sorry!! Urm no he isn't geeky! He's very good looking & smart! I ny help but go for boys like that! He's not shy with any other girls just when I'm there he pretends like I don't exist :'( hahah. & lol, hmmm, I wouldn't be able to do that, but fb is a great way to add a cute girl, get talking & then talk in person!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spexzzz)
    People that are shy just take time to open up to. talk to him often then he wont be so uncomfortable, after a while he'l be looking in you in the eyes
    Okay thanks. I just hope he doesn't get annoyed of me' talkin to him all the time!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wonderwoman92)
    He's not shy with any other girls just when I'm there he pretends like I don't exist
    lool, he feels uncomfortable around you.

Which means he likes you. Proabably waitng for you to make the first move.

My adivce is: Make the first move.

ReputationRep:
    Oh!!! Hahahahah sorry!! Urm no he isn't geeky! He's very good looking & smart! I ny help but go for boys like that! He's not shy with any other girls just when I'm there he pretends like I don't exist :'( hahah. & lol, hmmm, I wouldn't be able to do that, but fb is a great way to add a cute girl, get talking & then talk in person!
    aww xD if he ignores you he probably likes youn'awh:yep: too cute.
    he genuinely probably likes you if he talks to all the girls but you haha. i cant add girls on facebook feel like a creep :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I want to get to know him... but I just feel like giving up? - because now I just think he isn't interested & probably hates me.
    Do I even bother anymore!? why is he sooooo shy xxx

help!!!!
    He doesnt hate you

Try talking to him one on one, without other people around

edit:
    oh wait, it its just you he is shy with, then it means he likes you

ReputationRep:
    Me and my girlfriend were in a similar situation a few months ago, with me being the shy one in this equation.

We met in March but didn't really hook up and start dating until July, basically because I got on with her by chatting online and loved her personality but was too shy to ask her out...........come July I wasn't sure she'd be interested but invited her to my Birthday party just to be friendly and say hi. Turns out she felt the same and we started dating then and there (though it took me another month to ask her out properly.........i am very, very shy!)

Speaking from the guys perspective my advice would be to be bold but not outright........so hanging out with this guy in a situational way (say, if he's going to a gig and you both like that band, you'd be going anyway but its just a bonus he's there - your bound to cross paths by coincidence through some means, so just mention it beforehand or let the news get out). Once there just be friendly and honest, if he feels the same he should be coaxed out of his shell, and you can leave him to follow up with a date later on, then just take it from there.

So long as you have chatted for a little bit, even mostly online, and get on well but just don't talk much in person this should work...........fortune favours the bold remember!

Really hope things work out

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks. I just hope he doesn't get annoyed of me' talkin to him all the time!!!
    I was pretty shy, and girls talked to me, at first i was so uncomfortable but in time it got allot easier and found it allot easier to make eye contact even though my natural face looks like im gona eat your soul

Suprised that they were persistant, of they wasnt then i still woulda been pretty uncomfortable

ReputationRep:
    Why are people so inept at talking face to face nowadays? Maybe all these retards should walk around with a screen in front of them to make them more comfortable as well as giving them something to lick if they feel the need to spaz out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daveMYSTERIO)
    Me and my girlfriend were in a similar situation a few months ago, with me being the shy one in this equation.

We met in March but didn't really hook up and start dating until July, basically because I got on with her by chatting online and loved her personality but was too shy to ask her out...........come July I wasn't sure she'd be interested but invited her to my Birthday party just to be friendly and say hi. Turns out she felt the same and we started dating then and there (though it took me another month to ask her out properly.........i am very, very shy!)

Speaking from the guys perspective my advice would be to be bold but not outright........so hanging out with this guy in a situational way (say, if he's going to a gig and you both like that band, you'd be going anyway but its just a bonus he's there - your bound to cross paths by coincidence through some means, so just mention it beforehand or let the news get out). Once there just be friendly and honest, if he feels the same he should be coaxed out of his shell, and you can leave him to follow up with a date later on, then just take it from there.

So long as you have chatted for a little bit, even mostly online, and get on well but just don't talk much in person this should work...........fortune favours the bold remember!

Really hope things work out

wow thank you so much! you give me hope!!!xxxx

ReputationRep:
    I used to be a shy ass at one point.

All that went through my mind =
    Fear/worry that I won't be exiting enough as a person/don't have enough to me to be able to maintain a relationship. It's that, and inexperience too.

Hi guys,

A boy has recently started college & he caught my eye!

My friend is really good friends with him so I added him on facebook & we got talking.

I told my friend I thought he was good looking and so he went & told him!

The new boy seemed okay with that & doesn't ever ignore me online & always seems willing to talk.. when I start the convo off. however in person, he is SO shy & hardly makes eye contact, and doesn't speak unless spoken to.

I want to get to know him... but I just feel like giving up? - because now I just think he isn't interested & probably hates me.
    Do I even bother anymore!? why is he sooooo shy xxx

help!!!!
    As a shy bloke myself, all I can say is you'll need to talk to him quietly. Emphasis on the quiet. Ask him if he'll walk with you for a while, and talk about it. And be prepared to be blunt.

This is what I wish had happened, when I'd been told such-a-girl liked me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.