Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I feel that most of you guys put on an act to impress women. And as society is today and how most girls are (with all the make up, fake tan, and interested in only attention) is pressuring and forcing you to act that way.
    I got with my ex boyfriend as he put on an 'act of a bad boy' to impress me, as that is how he thought it would work.. When personally, I prefer the good guy, the one that doesn't put on an act, is not a **** to impress his friends, doesn't like to attract girls attention on purpose.

Do you put on acts, or is that how you really are nowadays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jojo1993)
    I got with my ex boyfriend as he put on an 'act of a bad boy' to impress me, as that is how he thought it would work.. When personally, I prefer the good guy

If you prefer the good guy, but got with your bf when he acted the bad guy, who's the one lying more?

ReputationRep:
    I just act how I am regardless of who I'm with tbh.
    I don't act like a bad boy but I'm not shy or quiet either.

ReputationRep:
    Do men really like lots of girls, or is there a few of you in the world that would just like one?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well that's nice to know.

ReputationRep:
    Do men really like lots of girls, or is there a few of you in the world that would just like one?
    Depends, I've 'fancied' one girl at a time really, as theres one girl that I've liked above all others. However, everyone still finds other people attractive, whether it's someone passing you in the street or otherwise. But I only tend to focus on one at a time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    If you prefer the good guy, but got with your bf when he acted the bad guy, who's the one lying more?
    This.

OP just got ****ing owned in the first reply.

ReputationRep:
    I would like none

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I don't put on an act. But **** I don't blame the guys who do. It's hard to get noticed if you're just the genuine nice guy.

ReputationRep:
    Men really like one and fancy everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think I put on an act. I shave often. And use after shave afterwards. Does that count as ploy for attraction?

ReputationRep:
    No that doesnt applicate for using an act. And most girls do go for the bad guy nowadays, but most of the relationships don't last as the bad act is just a way for attention. I have always been myself and would choose a good guy over a bad guy anytime. Always show your true colours.

ReputationRep:
    Why try to be someone else when trying to impress girls! if she falls for "you" then she hasnt really fallen for you if you know what i mean

ReputationRep:
    I don't put on a bad boy act, I am a bad boy. I blew up Alderaan and slaughtered loads of children.

ReputationRep:
    No that doesnt applicate for using an act. And most girls do go for the bad guy nowadays, but most of the relationships don't last as the bad act is just a way for attention. I have always been myself and would choose a good guy over a bad guy anytime. Always show your true colours.

Ok, first off, learn to speak English.

Secondly, until you act truthful to yourself, why should you expect others to? You went after your ex because he acted the bad guy. If you liked the good guy, you'd be put off by the bad guy, not attracted to him.

Don't blame us for you being hurt by your crap choices.

ReputationRep:
    I don't try to impress girls.

ReputationRep:
    It's true OP, it happens.

I think some people are insecure of what others think of them.

ReputationRep:
    I seen parts of my ex which was the 'real him' in different ways he tried to show me who he actually was. I fell for the part that was when me and him would be alone, and he wouldn't be putting on an act as we wouldn't be around 'the boys'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanB)
    Why try to be someone else when trying to impress girls! if she falls for "you" then she hasnt really fallen for you if you know what i mean
    But dude you might get to see her naked...

ReputationRep:
    I don't put on an act, unless i'm relaying to a girl a funny situation which happened and then i might impersonate a jamiacan guy, or the local chip shop owner who's antics inspire the local populace.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.