Turn on thread page Beta

I hate my flatmate yet I can't afford to leave watch

Here's my dilemma - I signed up to live in a flat with X three months ago. I signed for the flat personally - everything is in my name

Since then I've gotten to know the real X - nasty, intimidating and horribly critical. I told X he should leave on Thursday - to which he replied he wouldn't.

I can't bear another day living with him - I could rent another flat but it would financially cripple me. I would have to pay rent on X's flat and my new flat at the same time. Tenancy agreements are binding and they don't often let you off!

Helppp

ReputationRep:
    what did x do.

ReputationRep:
    why did you sign it by yourself? and im pretty sure if you are the only one signing it and everything is in your name then it's your legal right to remove him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Here's my dilemma - I signed up to live in a flat with X three months ago. I signed for the flat personally - everything is in my name

Since then I've gotten to know the real X - nasty, intimidating and horribly critical. I told X he should leave on Thursday - to which he replied he wouldn't.

I can't bear another day living with him - I could rent another flat but it would financially cripple me. I would have to pay rent on X's flat and my new flat at the same time. Tenancy agreements are binding and they don't often let you off!

Helppp
    Its really unfortunate but the tenancy agreement will not let you off at all, all you can do is either hope X does something that you can then go and complain about to your landlord, or ask your landlord that X is like this, he done this ...... and hope he will try and find X another roommate so you can leave. The final thing is to get X to leave, but that be very difficult as he is already paying for it.

What did X do btw?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.