The Student Room Group

I hate my flatmate yet I can't afford to leave

Here's my dilemma - I signed up to live in a flat with X three months ago. I signed for the flat personally - everything is in my name

Since then I've gotten to know the real X - nasty, intimidating and horribly critical. I told X he should leave on Thursday - to which he replied he wouldn't.

I can't bear another day living with him - I could rent another flat but it would financially cripple me. I would have to pay rent on X's flat and my new flat at the same time. Tenancy agreements are binding and they don't often let you off!

Helppp
what did x do.
why did you sign it by yourself? and im pretty sure if you are the only one signing it and everything is in your name then it's your legal right to remove him
Anonymous
Here's my dilemma - I signed up to live in a flat with X three months ago. I signed for the flat personally - everything is in my name

Since then I've gotten to know the real X - nasty, intimidating and horribly critical. I told X he should leave on Thursday - to which he replied he wouldn't.

I can't bear another day living with him - I could rent another flat but it would financially cripple me. I would have to pay rent on X's flat and my new flat at the same time. Tenancy agreements are binding and they don't often let you off!

Helppp

Its really unfortunate but the tenancy agreement will not let you off at all, all you can do is either hope X does something that you can then go and complain about to your landlord, or ask your landlord that X is like this, he done this ...... and hope he will try and find X another roommate so you can leave. The final thing is to get X to leave, but that be very difficult as he is already paying for it.

What did X do btw?

Latest

Trending

Trending