Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else feel completely useless in class if they haven't had about 5 hours+ sleep?

I do night classes and morning classes so I'm almost always sleep deprived and I find it extremely hard to take anything in.

Yesterday I tried an engery drink out the extremely cheap 25p ones from teso/asda. They taste like crap but they seem to do the job of dezombifying me for my night class. (for some reason red bull isn't as effective)

Has anyone else found a better way to be alert? Since I don't really have a choice of sleeping more as I get back from college about 11:30pm and have to be up about 5:30am - 6:30am

Edit: I also don't want to be taking energy drinks regularly.

ReputationRep:
    Cut one of your classes? You obviously need more sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Don't take energy drinks...

You're better off drinking milk based and other carb/protein based drinks. Maybe have a banana instead as well.

ReputationRep:
    no idea, i dont sleep much anyway so eventually my body has got used to living on little sleep without anything, as i dont even drink caffeine anymore. either figure out how to get some more sleep or your body will probably just adapt and get used to having less sleep, could you not have an afternoon nap if you only do morning and evening classes? might make you more alert for evening classes

ReputationRep:
    You really need more sleep! 5/6 hours of sleep a night for an extended period is really not healthy! Try napping in the day if you can only sleep from 11:30-6ish...either way, you'll probably get ill if you continue this for too long

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't sound good. Can you not kip in the day either?

ReputationRep:
    This is only an issue once a week not everyday so I do usually I do get enough sleep the problem is that I can't get used to the one day when I get hardly any sleep.

ReputationRep:
    I got 4-5 hours of sleep all the way through school and college, didn't really have an affect on me.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly 4 hours will keep you going.
    Can't say it's healthy, anyway of you don't feel it's enough or can't cope get more sleep.

Sometimes I feel better with no sleep, others rime I get 7-8 hrs and I wake up feeling like crap.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.