Turn on thread page Beta

I really like my friend... but he lives about 30 miles away so we don't see each other too often. I saw him about two weeks ago and considered making a move, but I chickened out and am regretting it. I haven't heard from him properly in a while... should I write him a letter telling him how I feel?

ReputationRep:
    now that is romantic.

I say yes...

ReputationRep:
    Nah don't go for the letter option. Send him a text, see what he replies and then maybe in a few days give him a call and tell him?

ReputationRep:
    Just text him instead of a letter. Sweet tho lol!

ReputationRep:
    Go for it! Good luck writing though, I tried to write a love letter once but it was shiiit, so I gave up.

Keep it short, send him a text if you haven't finished writing in an hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    now that is romantic.

I say yes...

And also incredibly gay.

I expected more from someone who has a sig containing such a fine looking man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealDarthVader)
    And also incredibly gay.

I expected more from someone who has a sig containing such a fine looking man.
    OP is either female or homosexual, so....I think even by your standards it would be ok?

as for the latter, After a mouthful of tea my expression was totally like this....
    :eyeball:

also I thought you were older then 21 Vader?

ReputationRep:
    Who the **** writes letters in 2010. In this day and age, you send an EMAIL or a TEXT, not a letter.

now that is romantic.

I say yes...
    glad that you like the idea :o:

I've sent it. really nervous about the response.

just a question... what would you do if you got such a letter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    glad that you like the idea :o:

I've sent it. really nervous about the response.

just a question... what would you do if you got such a letter?
    Have you written their address details in pen, so it's obvious it's hand-written? Is the actual letter hand written or typed?

If so this is how things would occur...

1) I open my front door to see if there's any mail in the porch, I paid for first class post for those two Amazon items! Ridiculous it's been three days now! Super saver is quicker!.....oh yay they're both here....oh and what is this!? A hand-written letter to me...hmm it's not Christmas or my birthday...interesting.

2) *Opens letter* if it's typed I'm thinking hmm probably another hospital letter but the printer was busted. If it's hand writing I'm very curious...unfolds paper...

3) *reads*..... ......:eek: ........:eek3: .........:woo: .......:o: :o:

Assuming I had your contact details such as a mobile number I'd have to wait a little while for it to sink in, probably read it over twice...then assuming I felt the same I'd write a letter back!:o: If I didn't/ or was in a relationship and this was incredibly awkward...I'd probably keep it to a text explaining the situation.

Oh to whoever said folks email or text, a letter is more personal, it's something solid, real if you will. It's the sort of thing that if the relationship worked out you could keep as a memento.

Oh by the way, nice to see the girl making the move.

Have you written their address details in pen, so it's obvious it's hand-written? Is the actual letter hand written or typed?

If so this is how things would occur...

1) I open my front door to see if there's any mail in the porch, I paid for first class post for those two Amazon items! Ridiculous it's been three days now! Super saver is quicker!.....oh yay they're both here....oh and what is this!? A hand-written letter to me...hmm it's not Christmas or my birthday...interesting.

2) *Opens letter* if it's typed I'm thinking hmm probably another hospital letter but the printer was busted. If it's hand writing I'm very curious...unfolds paper...

3) *reads*..... ......:eek: ........:eek3: .........:woo: .......:o: :o:

Assuming I had your contact details such as a mobile number I'd have to wait a little while for it to sink in, probably read it over twice...then assuming I felt the same I'd write a letter back!:o: If I didn't/ or was in a relationship and this was incredibly awkward...I'd probably keep it to a text explaining the situation.

Oh to whoever said folks email or text, a letter is more personal, it's something solid, real if you will. It's the sort of thing that if the relationship worked out you could keep as a memento.

Oh by the way, nice to see the girl making the move.
    haha, that sounds like a good reaction. it's so difficult to predict boys' emotions and reactions, you know?

no text so far, so I am just hoping for the best. and yes, it was handwritten.

...do girls never make moves?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    haha, that sounds like a good reaction. it's so difficult to predict boys' emotions and reactions, you know?

no text so far, so I am just hoping for the best. and yes, it was handwritten.

...do girls never make moves?
    well not never, but it seems guys are expected to make the move most of the time.

I think predicting either sexes emotions and reactions are just as hard, girls seem to have a rep for being more complex and guys simple to read, think that's a bit too much of a generalisation.

When did you send it, was it first class? Might not be there yet...as I said I had some first class items arrive today, took 3 days...

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'd rather tell someone face to face to see how they react.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.