The Student Room Group
Reply 1
now that is romantic.

I say yes...
Nah don't go for the letter option. Send him a text, see what he replies and then maybe in a few days give him a call and tell him?
Reply 3
Just text him instead of a letter. Sweet tho lol!
Go for it! Good luck writing though, I tried to write a love letter once but it was shiiit, so I gave up.

Keep it short, send him a text if you haven't finished writing in an hour.
joey11223
now that is romantic.

I say yes...

And also incredibly gay.

I expected more from someone who has a sig containing such a fine looking man.
Reply 6
TheRealDarthVader
And also incredibly gay.

I expected more from someone who has a sig containing such a fine looking man.

OP is either female or homosexual, so....I think even by your standards it would be ok?

as for the latter, After a mouthful of tea my expression was totally like this....
:eyeball:

also I thought you were older then 21 Vader?
(edited 13 years ago)
Who the **** writes letters in 2010. In this day and age, you send an EMAIL or a TEXT, not a letter.
Reply 8
joey11223
now that is romantic.

I say yes...

glad that you like the idea :o:

I've sent it. really nervous about the response.

just a question... what would you do if you got such a letter?
Reply 9
Anonymous
glad that you like the idea :o:

I've sent it. really nervous about the response.

just a question... what would you do if you got such a letter?

Have you written their address details in pen, so it's obvious it's hand-written? Is the actual letter hand written or typed?

If so this is how things would occur...

1) I open my front door to see if there's any mail in the porch, I paid for first class post for those two Amazon items! Ridiculous it's been three days now! Super saver is quicker!.....oh yay they're both here....oh and what is this!? A hand-written letter to me...hmm it's not Christmas or my birthday...interesting.

2) *Opens letter* if it's typed I'm thinking hmm probably another hospital letter but the printer was busted. If it's hand writing I'm very curious...unfolds paper...

3) *reads*.....:s-smilie: ......:eek: ........:eek3: .........:woo: .......:o: :o:

Assuming I had your contact details such as a mobile number I'd have to wait a little while for it to sink in, probably read it over twice...then assuming I felt the same I'd write a letter back!:o: If I didn't/ or was in a relationship and this was incredibly awkward...I'd probably keep it to a text explaining the situation.

Oh to whoever said folks email or text, a letter is more personal, it's something solid, real if you will. It's the sort of thing that if the relationship worked out you could keep as a memento.

Oh by the way, nice to see the girl making the move.:wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
joey11223
Have you written their address details in pen, so it's obvious it's hand-written? Is the actual letter hand written or typed?

If so this is how things would occur...

1) I open my front door to see if there's any mail in the porch, I paid for first class post for those two Amazon items! Ridiculous it's been three days now! Super saver is quicker!.....oh yay they're both here....oh and what is this!? A hand-written letter to me...hmm it's not Christmas or my birthday...interesting.

2) *Opens letter* if it's typed I'm thinking hmm probably another hospital letter but the printer was busted. If it's hand writing I'm very curious...unfolds paper...

3) *reads*.....:s-smilie: ......:eek: ........:eek3: .........:woo: .......:o: :o:

Assuming I had your contact details such as a mobile number I'd have to wait a little while for it to sink in, probably read it over twice...then assuming I felt the same I'd write a letter back!:o: If I didn't/ or was in a relationship and this was incredibly awkward...I'd probably keep it to a text explaining the situation.

Oh to whoever said folks email or text, a letter is more personal, it's something solid, real if you will. It's the sort of thing that if the relationship worked out you could keep as a memento.

Oh by the way, nice to see the girl making the move.:wink:

haha, that sounds like a good reaction. it's so difficult to predict boys' emotions and reactions, you know?

no text so far, so I am just hoping for the best. and yes, it was handwritten.

...do girls never make moves? :s-smilie:
Anonymous
haha, that sounds like a good reaction. it's so difficult to predict boys' emotions and reactions, you know?

no text so far, so I am just hoping for the best. and yes, it was handwritten.

...do girls never make moves? :s-smilie:

well not never, but it seems guys are expected to make the move most of the time.

I think predicting either sexes emotions and reactions are just as hard, girls seem to have a rep for being more complex and guys simple to read, think that's a bit too much of a generalisation.

When did you send it, was it first class? Might not be there yet...as I said I had some first class items arrive today, took 3 days...
Reply 12
Personally, I'd rather tell someone face to face to see how they react.

Latest

Trending

Trending