Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Afraid in the sense that deep in the back of your mind there's a lingering fear that he might physically abuse you. Is it a fear you would like to put at ease, or does it turn you on?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, it's more likely he's afraid of me hitting him. But I would never...

ReputationRep:
    There is no fear whatsoever.

And having been fearful of a boyfriend in the past, I can safely say that it does not turn me on... daft thing to ask really.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously women should fear their boyfriends, males being the dominant sex and all.

ReputationRep:
    When he looses his temper! It is like a bomb going off!

ReputationRep:
    Girls should not fear that firm pimp hand the Bf shows when she gets outta line.

ReputationRep:
    lolno. Not even slightly.

ReputationRep:
    No-one should fear their partner......

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    lolno

ReputationRep:
    How can being afraid your bf is gonna break your bones (literally) be a turn on?! Have to be a proper psycho IMO to find it such...The person you love should be someone who will protect you, not the one causing you harm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SatanIsAwesome)
    No-one should fear their partner......
    Let's say women are attracted to dominate alpha male types. Part of that dynamic is physical aggression, which is why some women are prepared to accept, and some even attracted to, the fact that some of that aggression might be taken out on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweihander)
    Let's say women are attracted to dominate alpha male types. Part of that dynamic is physical aggression, which is why some women are prepared to accept, and some even attracted to, the fact that some of that aggression might be taken out on them.
    It's still strange and not right IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honeyx)
    How can being afraid your bf is gonna break your bones (literally) be a turn on?! Have to be a proper psycho IMO to find it such...The person you love should be someone who will protect you, not the one causing you harm...
    I wouldnt imagine you'd be attracted to the prospect of being hurt, but rather the fact that your boyfriend is physically aggressive and domineering. Also, I'd imagine some women would confuse that aggression with strength and thus perceive their partner as more able to protect them.

To put it in laymans terms, some women will date a guy who knocks them about a bit, and assume it means he can knock other people about too.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.