The Student Room Group

so I turn 20 on thursday!

So I turn 20 tomorrow (thursday!) I totally forgot about it untill I checked facebook and it reminded me that there are 2 people who have birthday's the day before mine (midnight so today).

So I just wanted some ideas of what to do on my own in the day somewhere down london maybe on saturday as I can't during the week have lectures finishing at 5 and I get tired.

I hate birthdays! But for once I would like to do something for myself and technically saturday will be a normal day!

I can't do anything with other people as the limited friends that I have are in uni (and probably will forget, and I wouldn't expect anything more!). And I haven't talked to anyone at uni (I am pretty much a loser at the moment), and I don't want anyone to know its embarrasing!

So any ideas I was thinking like musuem or tate gallery! I really wanted to go to london aquarium (yes I know im not 5!) but decided against it as I think it would like totally wierd going alone there!

Is it natural to feel so depressed at the thought of it I mean I haven't achieved anything 2 decades old and have nothing to show for it, it's quite sad really!:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Well think of another 20 year old, have you really achieved that much less than them?
Reply 2
How did you forget about it?
Why exactly is this anon?

Where are the mods when you need them?!?
lol MOST 20 year olds have achieved nothing!
Advance Happy Birthday.
Maybe have a dinner with some close friends?
Reply 6
Can t take as a date?;-) me nd u id make u feel really good in such day:-D if only I knew who u was:-) hehe
Reply 7
i think it'll be fine to go to the london aquarium by yourself.
Reply 8
Anonymous
So I turn 20 tomorrow (thursday!) I totally forgot about it untill I checked facebook and it reminded me that there are 2 people who have birthday's the day before mine (midnight so today).

So I just wanted some ideas of what to do on my own in the day somewhere down london maybe on saturday as I can't during the week have lectures finishing at 5 and I get tired.

I hate birthdays! But for once I would like to do something for myself and technically saturday will be a normal day!

I can't do anything with other people as the limited friends that I have are in uni (and probably will forget, and I wouldn't expect anything more!). And I haven't talked to anyone at uni (I am pretty much a loser at the moment), and I don't want anyone to know its embarrasing!

So any ideas I was thinking like musuem or tate gallery! I really wanted to go to london aquarium (yes I know im not 5!) but decided against it as I think it would like totally wierd going alone there!

Is it natural to feel so depressed at the thought of it I mean I haven't achieved anything 2 decades old and have nothing to show for it, it's quite sad really!:frown:

Happy birthday for thursday!
If you want to go to the aquarium then you should, go with friends?
Reply 9
damos92
How did you forget about it?

Well I since Ive just started uni and have been on holidays for 3 months I haven't been kepping track of the date. And I am not one of those people who counts down oh 1 month to go etc. like some of my friends lol! I dunno I just find it cringing!
Reply 10
Anyway thank you all for the comments I guess I will see how I feel on the day! :smile:
Reply 11
You're at uni, that is an acheivement :smile: but don't worry about what you think you've acheived, you're young, just enjoy your birthday and enjoy being 20! :smile: x
I hadn't achieved anything when I was 20 either. I hadn't even started uni at that point!

Here I am 6 years later (well okay, nearly 7 year later) with three kids, my own house, a husband.......

don't worry if you haven't achieved anything at 20, goodness me!
Reply 13
I am 20 and have achieved nothing.

Don't worry, you will come to a time where you will feel ready to make big changes, and things will happen :smile:
Reply 14
I actually turned 20 today.
The depression is normal. :p:
I got over it pretty quick by making a list of stuff I wanted to do that day (e.g. reading Hemingway, ordering pizza for lunch) and it worked out pretty well. :biggrin:
Reply 15
Aaymee
I actually turned 20 today.
The depression is normal. :p:
I got over it pretty quick by making a list of stuff I wanted to do that day (e.g. reading Hemingway, ordering pizza for lunch) and it worked out pretty well. :biggrin:

Happy birthday!:birthday:

Hope you had a great day! Sounds like you had a nice day! A list sounds good :smile:
Reply 16
London aquarium is the business! :biggrin:
:birthday: I hope you find something fun to do on your b'day. Don't stress about it though, just relax. Be happy that you're alive and well today :awesome:

God, I'm 19 next week, 20 in a year, I haven't achieved loads either :erm:. Still, we've got time :yep:
Reply 18
Anonymous

When I was 20 I was in your position, didn't have many friends, so I just got a couple of friends to come out and got smashed. That's what I would do. Luckily for my 21st I had more friends and got 10 of my mates to do a big nite out in the city..ended up at a lap dancing club, still had a great time.
Annaconda
i think it'll be fine to go to the london aquarium by yourself.

RaggedyBen
London aquarium is the business! :biggrin:

listen to them!
yeah london aquarium sounds good, just get totally hammered and enjoy it, its also the only club in uk that has a swimming pool and a jacuzzi! :woo: :woo: :woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending