Turn on thread page Beta

Do you think this guy is a little controlling? watch

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I have a guy friend I sometimes flirt with but we don't actually do anything lol. Anyway he sent me this message in a reply to one I sent - we are both from Manchester.

"Hi there, how are you? Sorry for the late reply, its been a frenetic period to say the least, but poor excuse I know everyone's busy!

Sounds like you are having a ball in London, wish I had half your luck! Saw your latest Facebook photos too very sexy as always

I'll bet you are excited about your return, starting work, all that sort of thing. When do you start?

Well, I'm sure we will tee up a catch up when you get back, let me know and we'll sort it.

Take care til then xxx"

What do you think guys? We're not going out but 'wish I had half your luck' what is that all about? Confused

xx

ReputationRep:
    Well you need to be more specific, so can you answer these questions....do you fancy him? Does he fancy you?

Why are you paranoid about him saying 'I wish I had half your luck'? What did you get up to in London, did you pull someone or something and he wishes he had 'half your luck' at pulling too?

From the sound of his message, he fancies you.

I don't get why you're posting asking us to analyze his message, what exactly are you paranoid about and why would this message be perceived as 'controlling'?

ReputationRep:
    Ditto to the guy above. Message seems all above board and I don't see why it would be controlling.

(Original post by Beadle's About)
    Well you need to be more specific, so can you answer these questions....do you fancy him? Does he fancy you?

Why are you paranoid about him saying 'I wish I had half your luck'? What did you get up to in London, did you pull someone or something and he wishes he had 'half your luck' at pulling too?

From the sound of his message, he fancies you.

I don't get why you're posting asking us to analyze his message, what exactly are you paranoid about and why would this message be perceived as 'controlling'?
    I fancy him a bit, but he is the type of guy who likes to play the field.

I also used to be a stripper and he thinks I might be working, but it's actually not the case as there is no reason for me to be anymore. I have a normal job as a receptionist now to fund my studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I fancy him a bit, but he is the type of guy who likes to play the field.

I also used to be a stripper and he thinks I might be working, but it's actually not the case as there is no reason for me to be anymore. I have a normal job as a receptionist now to fund my studies.
    I still don't get why you think his message is 'controlling'? It sounds like he's just messaging you as any friend who cares about someone would and he just wants to see what you're up to, nothing more. Why such a fuss from you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    "Hi there, how are you? Sorry for the late reply, its been a frenetic period to say the least, but poor excuse I know everyone's busy!

Sounds like you are having a ball in London, wish I had half your luck! Saw your latest Facebook photos too very sexy as always

I'll bet you are excited about your return, starting work, all that sort of thing. When do you start?

Well, I'm sure we will tee up a catch up when you get back, let me know and we'll sort it.

Take care til then xxx"
    I can't see any 'controlling' going on here at all :confused:
    Flirtation, yes. Controlling, no.

(Original post by Beadle's About)
    I still don't get why you think his message is 'controlling'? It sounds like he's just messaging you as any friend who cares about someone would and he just wants to see what you're up to, nothing more. Why such a fuss from you?
    Because he's been controlling in the past. He once messaged another guy friend of mine about why he added me. They both didn't know each other!

ReputationRep:
    Very con:troll:ing indeed.

ReputationRep:
    ...Yes. Yes he is.
    You should slap him in the 'nads.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.