Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Red Lipstick for girls- yay or nay? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dior)
    *puckers lips*
    :rolleyes: Well if you're making a big deal of them, sure :p:

I'm just talking ordinarily... As long as they weren't black or covered in coldsores, I doubt I'd care.

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of girls really suit red lipstick - i however have tiny lips and therefore it looks stupid on me =/

ReputationRep:
    Nay, it looks horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Yay sometimes.. I'm wearing red lipstick in my profile pic although it's not ott red and I think it looks fine?

Although, judging from some comments on here I'm not blonde beautiful and dressed like marilyn monroe so I shouldn't be wearing it?

ReputationRep:
    Yay :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessnavi22)
    Yay sometimes.. I'm wearing red lipstick in my profile pic although it's not ott red and I think it looks fine?

Although, judging from some comments on here I'm not blonde beautiful and dressed like marilyn monroe so I shouldn't be wearing it?
    Ignore them, you look great

ReputationRep:

Nah, you're fine.

You say 'red lipstick' to guys and we think of vivid scarlet.

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I love red lipstick - I wear it nearly every day. I think it improves the look of most women, really.

ReputationRep:
    I love wearing red lipstick when im going out in the evening but thats the only time I wear it.

ReputationRep:
    I hate "yay or nay" questions. :huff:

But 'yay' to red lipstick. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I prefer it on girls with pale skin.

ReputationRep:

Lol you're like one of the the prettiest girls on this site... 9/10 comments round here are dumb as ****. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have pale skin but still like to wear red lippy. I obviously can't go for a really bright shade as that would just look AWFUL on me, so I tend to go for something like this....
    Spoiler:
    Show

I like it because its more subtle and not a in your face red. I also tend to wear quite heavy eyeliner and mascara so have to keep it subtle on the lips.

ReputationRep:
    Usually no, but on some girls it can look really nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    i always go for a strong eye and a nude lip. However the other night I decided to try a red lip....previously I had not liked it at all, but I think tis all about getting the right shade :p:

What do you think?

As a guy do you like red lipstick on a girl? And girls do you wear red lipstick?

Personally I generally don't like it. It just gives girls a sort of 'clown' look, and attracts too much attention to their lips (as in instead of thinking 'she looks nice' when you first see her, its more of a 'RED LIPSTICK').

That said some girls can look really good in it, but many don't imo.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't suit me personally! Pale skin with quite rosy cheeks, it just makes my cheeks look even more red!
    But it does look good on lots of women.

ReputationRep:
    Nay, often it looks very clown-ish

ReputationRep:
    I think red lipstick can looks quite good in some cases like this ...
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...ed=0CDMQ9QEwBg

Or not so much like this lol ...
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...1&tx=114&ty=51

ReputationRep:
    I love red lippie.

ReputationRep:
    I like the nude lip/dark eye combo too so it's a 'safe' option for me but I do love lipsticks, I just don't wear them often because of the need to keep reapplying. If you're not keen on classic red go for a variation like a deeper red or even a pinky red depending on your complexion and hair colour.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.