Turn on thread page Beta

Red Lipstick for girls- yay or nay? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dior)
    *puckers lips*
    :rolleyes: Well if you're making a big deal of them, sure :p:

I'm just talking ordinarily... As long as they weren't black or covered in coldsores, I doubt I'd care.

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of girls really suit red lipstick - i however have tiny lips and therefore it looks stupid on me =/

ReputationRep:
    Nay, it looks horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Yay sometimes.. I'm wearing red lipstick in my profile pic although it's not ott red and I think it looks fine?

Although, judging from some comments on here I'm not blonde beautiful and dressed like marilyn monroe so I shouldn't be wearing it?

ReputationRep:
    Yay :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessnavi22)
    Yay sometimes.. I'm wearing red lipstick in my profile pic although it's not ott red and I think it looks fine?

Although, judging from some comments on here I'm not blonde beautiful and dressed like marilyn monroe so I shouldn't be wearing it?
    Ignore them, you look great

ReputationRep:

Nah, you're fine.

You say 'red lipstick' to guys and we think of vivid scarlet.

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I love red lipstick - I wear it nearly every day. I think it improves the look of most women, really.

ReputationRep:
    I love wearing red lipstick when im going out in the evening but thats the only time I wear it.

ReputationRep:
    I hate "yay or nay" questions. :huff:

But 'yay' to red lipstick. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I prefer it on girls with pale skin.

ReputationRep:

Lol you're like one of the the prettiest girls on this site... 9/10 comments round here are dumb as ****. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have pale skin but still like to wear red lippy. I obviously can't go for a really bright shade as that would just look AWFUL on me, so I tend to go for something like this....
    Spoiler:
    Show

I like it because its more subtle and not a in your face red. I also tend to wear quite heavy eyeliner and mascara so have to keep it subtle on the lips.

ReputationRep:
    Usually no, but on some girls it can look really nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    i always go for a strong eye and a nude lip. However the other night I decided to try a red lip....previously I had not liked it at all, but I think tis all about getting the right shade :p:

What do you think?

As a guy do you like red lipstick on a girl? And girls do you wear red lipstick?

Personally I generally don't like it. It just gives girls a sort of 'clown' look, and attracts too much attention to their lips (as in instead of thinking 'she looks nice' when you first see her, its more of a 'RED LIPSTICK').

That said some girls can look really good in it, but many don't imo.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't suit me personally! Pale skin with quite rosy cheeks, it just makes my cheeks look even more red!
    But it does look good on lots of women.

ReputationRep:
    Nay, often it looks very clown-ish

ReputationRep:
    I think red lipstick can looks quite good in some cases like this ...
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...ed=0CDMQ9QEwBg

Or not so much like this lol ...
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...1&tx=114&ty=51

ReputationRep:
    I love red lippie.

ReputationRep:
    I like the nude lip/dark eye combo too so it's a 'safe' option for me but I do love lipsticks, I just don't wear them often because of the need to keep reapplying. If you're not keen on classic red go for a variation like a deeper red or even a pinky red depending on your complexion and hair colour.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.