Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Red Lipstick for girls- yay or nay? watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    i always go for a strong eye and a nude lip. However the other night I decided to try a red lip....previously I had not liked it at all, but I think tis all about getting the right shade :p:

What do you think?

As a guy do you like red lipstick on a girl? And girls do you wear red lipstick?
    I agree with some of the other posters here, it looks nice on you but on some other women for example it just doesn't suit them

ReputationRep:
    i always go for a strong eye and a nude lip. However the other night I decided to try a red lip....previously I had not liked it at all, but I think tis all about getting the right shade :p:

What do you think?

As a guy do you like red lipstick on a girl? And girls do you wear red lipstick?
    Red lipstick is fine as long as it's the right shade and on the right person.

ReputationRep:
    I love red lipstick on girls. I can't wear it myself as I'm too pale, well maybe I just haven't found the right shade, but yeah red lipstick is lovely

ReputationRep:
    I love red lipstick, just bought Dior Rouge Ara. I love MAC Ruby Woo as a stain too.

ReputationRep:

What do you think?

i like red lipsticks on girls if it suits them with their style of clothing and the right shade, nude lips however makes girls look like they got hyperthermia which i see all the time during my training for instructor course

ReputationRep:
    i thought it looked bad on me but strangely in pic it looked good i have black hair btw and tanned colour

ReputationRep:
    well i think it depends how over the top u go with it... like tons of makeup + loud glossy red lips screams whore. you need a natural face, subtle or smokey eye makeup and blended red lips to pull it off. i don't think "high maintenance" looks good either, like when u have to keep re-applying it every 5 mins. i think red lips using lip stain looks best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dior)
    "You have to be blonde to wear red lipstick." Hah.

Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Connelly, Brooke Shields - they look fabulous with a red lip and they're not blonde. :p:
    Ok, point taken. The other 2 points stand though. No fat ugly ****s. Just makes u look desperate

ReputationRep:
    It's hard work to keep it fresh looking and whatnot. Some advice:

-Get someone professional to match you to the right shade
    -Buy a lipliner and USE IT. It stops the lipstick bleeding and looking messy
    -Set it with lipcote or something. No-one wants their man looking like he's just been given CPR by coco the clown.
    -To stop it getting on your teeth, put your index finger in your mouth and close your lips tightly round it, then pull it out. Thus removing potential offending lippy near the teeth.

ReputationRep:
    I mess about with it sometimes, but have never had the guts to go out in it... not sure if it suits me lol.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I mess about with it sometimes, but have never had the guts to go out in it... not sure if it suits me lol.

Spoiler:
    Show
    You look pretty :yep:

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't suit me in the slightest but I know some people who can really pull it off :P

ReputationRep:
    If you're pale, blonde/chestnut and a ringer for Sharon Stone/Nigella Lawson circa 1990: sure. Otherwise? Meretricious and faintly risible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    If you're pale, blonde and a ringer for Sharon Stone circa 1990: sure. Otherwise? Meretricious and faintly risible.
    SO meretricious.

ReputationRep:
    Love it I perks you up and makes your teeth look whiter! What's not to love!

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Yup.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Looks nice!

ReputationRep:
    Red lipstick can be a huge turn on if done correctly (as in pulled by the right person).

Suits the OP too.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the girl, it can either make a girl look drop dead gorgeous or the second choice on a night out to John Prescott.

On the right girl theres nothing better!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.