Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I'm French, and I'm 17.
    I'm going to Manchester soon, (the next month!?).
    I'm in "Premiere" level in France, 11th in UK. I have the GCSE equivalent ("Brevet des colleges") . I'm going to live in Bury , Manchester, i don't know anything about english school system, and I dont know if I can register to a school during the year?

Do you know any schools,college,university (?) in Bury, or Manchester where maybe i can go?

Thanks !!!

(Sorry for my english.. )

ReputationRep:
    Being 17 and having GCSE equivalents you will need to go to a College/Sixth Form.

The academic year starts in septemeber but some places may let you join a little bit late.

After a quick google i found this: http://www.burycollege.ac.uk/

x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Rhiani-ani-on !

So, I have spoken with some College in Bury: BuryCollege, HopWood Hall, and two more and I explained them my situation.
    But the year started in september and they can't receive me now, and they said: Oh, you need to go next year (september).. :P

So.. I'm lost.. ahah.. i can find a job i'm pretty sure. But I can't find a school? I dont know anything about english education, and i dont know what can i do ?!
    I'm not leaving to Manchester if I can't find a school... :/

Can you help me? Or do you know others things what I can do ? (Schools etc.)

Thanks so much!

Romain

(Sorry for my english ! )

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.