Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

My name is Emily; I'm new here. I'm going to the beach in October from the 16th to the 23rd. It's a big family vacation. Last year we went on a cruise (despite my fear of large masses of water). My problem is that I've been extremely bummed out about going to the beach. I hate the ocean, I don't like sand, I'm allergic to sunblock, I'm vegetarian and don't eat fish, and it's going to be cold, which is horrid. I'm trying to find a way to excite myself and convince myself that this trip is going to be fun and exciting. My boyfriend is coming, my parents and aunts and cousins are all coming. And it's free - paid for by my grandparents. I don't understand why I feel so lackluster about the situation. I LOVE packing things and going on road trips. I'm the best light packer and the best trip-planner you'd ever meet; I just can't seem to get into the right mood for this trip. Does anyone have any advice on how I could be a little happier about this trip? I understand that it sounds like I'm whining, I'm not normally like this, which is why I'm trying to figure out why I feel like this. I generally enjoy free week long vacations. I'm sorry if I seem pretentious or snotty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devilsgirl100y)
    Hi,

My name is Emily; I'm new here. I'm going to the beach in October from the 16th to the 23rd. It's a big family vacation. Last year we went on a cruise (despite my fear of large masses of water). My problem is that I've been extremely bummed out about going to the beach. I hate the ocean, I don't like sand, I'm allergic to sunblock, I'm vegetarian and don't eat fish, and it's going to be cold, which is horrid. I'm trying to find a way to excite myself and convince myself that this trip is going to be fun and exciting. My boyfriend is coming, my parents and aunts and cousins are all coming. And it's free - paid for by my grandparents. I don't understand why I feel so lackluster about the situation. I LOVE packing things and going on road trips. I'm the best light packer and the best trip-planner you'd ever meet; I just can't seem to get into the right mood for this trip. Does anyone have any advice on how I could be a little happier about this trip? I understand that it sounds like I'm whining, I'm not normally like this, which is why I'm trying to figure out why I feel like this. I generally enjoy free week long vacations. I'm sorry if I seem pretentious or snotty.
    Your thread title is somewhat misleading. :p:

I hate the beach, too. I usually attend 'functions' with reluctance with the attitude of, "There's nothing I can do, it's going to be sh*t." Just grin and bear it.

ReputationRep:
    You dont have to spend any time on the beach... I'm not a big fan either. Just go to the nearby town and spend time there, them you can meet the rest of your family in the evening.

ReputationRep:
    Where is this beach? Does it have any interesting sights/towns nearby, or other things to do? Eg. cycle rides, walks in the woods/forest, places of historic interest, quirky little towns? Or if you like reading, you could get some interesting books and save them up until the trip. Or if you like cooking, and you're staying in a self-catering place, you could try out some new recipes while the others are on the beach, using the 'I'm cooking everyone dinner/something special' as an excuse?

ReputationRep:
    We all know why we're here, and should be thoroughly ashamed of ourselves.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.