Turn on thread page Beta

Am I being told I haven't got the job...subtly? watch

ReputationRep:
    On friday I had an interview at McDonalds and then was offered the job which I accepted. He then said that the orientation was monday and at 4pm, asked if I could make it and I said I couldn't because I left from college at 3.30 and the bus leaves at 3.50 to get to the stop near the outlet at 4.15.

He said somebody else couldnt make and would ring be back on saturday/monday to arrange another date.

Saturday- no call. Monday- no call so I rung back and he said the orientation organiser wasn't in so I'd get a call tuesday. Tuesday- no call. I rung back again at 9.30 (as he was on a night shift and started from 8) and he said he is busy and would ring me back in 15 minutes. It then got to half past 10 and I gave up and went to bed.

Am I being told that I haven't got the job here? The guy seemed really impressed with me, but he keeps fobbing me off and I really don't know where I stand.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. They are clearly unorganised or forgetful though. Just keep pressing the matter.

ReputationRep:
    Exact same thing happened with me a sports direct. Had an interview and got the job and had induction on same day, told me to come week after but it was a college day. They said they'd ring me, the job was part time and no fixed hours per week. I rang a few times and the person weren't in and then they never rang me back. I eventually gave up and ended up finding a better job.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they're trying to tell you you don't have the job. Keep trying. If it goes on much longer, start thinking about if you really want to work there THAT much.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah,they seema bit unorganised as forgetful. Im not really sure if they are telling you that you dont have a job though- just keep persuing it and hopefully you will get somewhere with it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah,they seem a bit unorganised as forgetful. Im not really sure if they are telling you that you dont have a job though- just keep persuing it and hopefully you will get somewhere with it.

ReputationRep:
    Keep pestering.

ReputationRep:
    They wanted you to be flexible, you should of probably asked to leave college 15 minutes early, they would of understood.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.