Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im second year uni and never had a bf and im a virgin. i dont really consider myself boring , im shy but on the inside i wanna have a laugh, play drinking games etc...but i come across as boring and quiet, but its just cuz i know that whenever wer drinking at home or in a bar, that ganmme is played.
    i dont even like having to thinking of innocent things to say, but anyway it always turns to something on the lines of 'ive never been caught shagging my bf'

whenevre someone suggests it i feel slightly nervous of how im going to get out of playing it. in my flat i will just wander off to my room but in a bar i dont have a choice. even at home it looks abit suspicious or that im really boring......

ii think my lack of experience holds me back in making a group of friends cuz the fun girls all talk about sex and party. i wanna party but have nothing to contribute to sex talk

anyone else hate this game, and what do you do if youve done nothing? do you lie?

ReputationRep:
    i thought this thread was going to be a game of i have never

I think the obvious and only solution to your problem is to poo yourself in order to get out of playing.

ReputationRep:
    You don't lie; you just get drunk.

ReputationRep:
    dont worry about it. not everyone is really experienced. to be honest i think you should just be honest with your flatmates about your experience, i have a friend like you and we call her the little "virgin" of the group ( not in a bad way! ) and we always have a laugh about. that will take the pressure off cos during the game when they come to you you can be like 'come on guys, you're REALLY asking me?' that way your being truthful and having a laugh aswell, so it won't be embarassing and you won't have to lie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen321321)
    im second year uni and never had a bf and im a virgin. i dont really consider myself boring , im shy but on the inside i wanna have a laugh, play drinking games etc...but i come across as boring and quiet, but its just cuz i know that whenever wer drinking at home or in a bar, that ganmme is played.
    i dont even like having to thinking of innocent things to say, but anyway it always turns to something on the lines of 'ive never been caught shagging my bf'

whenevre someone suggests it i feel slightly nervous of how im going to get out of playing it. in my flat i will just wander off to my room but in a bar i dont have a choice. even at home it looks abit suspicious or that im really boring......

ii think my lack of experience holds me back in making a group of friends cuz the fun girls all talk about sex and party. i wanna party but have nothing to contribute to sex talk

anyone else hate this game, and what do you do if youve done nothing? do you lie?
    Well unless someone else says, "I have never had sex" you're probably not going to feel too embarrassed. And just throw random things out there when it comes to your turn. Simples no?

Alternatively get a boyfriend and the problem is completely solved.

ReputationRep:
    i know quite a few people who have never slept with anyone, its no big deal. just play the game and stop worrying!

or alternatively you could always go get a boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    I'll shag you if you want, then you'll be seen as REALLY cool, especially if you kiss me and you like it.

ReputationRep:
    I feel a similar way about playing this game...I enjoy it but always feel judged in these situations and a my friends are unaware of a lot of my experiences (I was in a secret relationship for a while and none of my friends were aware of the extent of what happened with me and the guy). Likewise I remember playing it at school and people being all shocked when I admitted to trying drugs and stuff. I'd be happier playing it with strangers tbh.

Most of the questions will be more ridiculous ones anyways so although it will make you appear to be a little less experienced I can't see the game itself as outing you as a virgin. Just play along and try to enjoy it...plus you'll get drunker quicker and lighten up If you become good friends with these people they'll know about your history soon enough.

ReputationRep:
    Well you are going to be labelled as antisocial and boring if you run off everytime the game comes up - don't be ashamed you're innocent! Just play anyway and laugh along. Plus I've played that game with virgins and we don't care.

ReputationRep:
    I have never released my juice in a chicks pussy

well okay maybe once

ReputationRep:
    I drank from the funnel and threw it back up all over the floor.

Someone filmed it I'm sure.

FML.

ReputationRep:
    I was subjected to this game in my first year. I was me and about 50 other theatre students (so you can imagine how open everyone was).

Like you said, the main topic of this game did come down to sex and one guy (in an effort to get everyone drinking) said 'never have I ever slept with a guy). Out of this group of 50ish, only 2 of us didn't drink. Personally, I don't like to lie. Not having slept with someone is not something to be ashamed of and it just makes me feel stupid lying about it - especially if someone questions you on it later, however on this occasion a very drunk girl picked up on it and shouted across the circle "Oi! Why did you drink?!"
    "Why do you think?" I responded fairly quietly,
    "Are you a lesbian?" She asked - I think genuinely...

I tell you this not to scare you off the game for life, but to give you an idea of just how bad it could go. I now have a funny story to go with this game and I haven't been questioned mercilessly on why. I think if you're up for playing the game it's better to be discreetly honest, cause the worst thing that can happen is they can be surprised and move on.

ReputationRep:
    I played the I have never game as a virgin - a while ago mind you - but it was about sleeping with someone older or younger than yourself. I drank on both and just admitted it and people were fine with it (I was 19 so not a kid). It shouldn't be an issue!

ReputationRep:
    I tend to avoid the game, but that's more because I can't think of things to say than because I'm scared of answering the questions.

ReputationRep:
    I'll start,

I have never came across a thread as sad as this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen321321)

Just be open to people about your virginity. If you're light-hearted about it, everyone else will be. It's also a good way to see who really is a ****, as only ***** would care if you were a virgin.

(also, for some inexplicable reason guys seem attracted to the idea of sleeping with a virgin, so meh, could help your chances )

ReputationRep:
    I hate playing this game!!!
    On like our second night of Freshers, a group of us started playing in the kitchen and omg, so awkward. I never know how much to reveal, especially with people you don't know because you know, you don't wanna be judged. I can never ever think of anything to say either.

I wouldn't worry about it though. I'm sure they are more likely to remember the people that admit do doing crazy stuff rather then the more conservative person.

ReputationRep:
    i love the game i have never, especially if its a few of my older group and we did a lot in our 20s we always seem to stay the most sober

not to mention the looks on peoples faces when it comes round to things like "ive naver had sex on a bus" and i wouldnt take a drink

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.