Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student finance application form for new students. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!
    My daughter is going to start university (full-time) next year. What forms need to be completed.....2011/12? PN1? Is it better to apply online or to apply using a paper form? Kind Regards, J.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, the best way I found is to apply online-it's easier and student finance have a great skill of losing anything that is sent to them! If you apply for means tested (based on income)-you as a parent will need to download a PFF1 form from the website and send it in with your evidence. To apply, go on http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...ance/index.htm look on the right hand side and click "register and apply for student finance". Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much! She's going to start next year.... So, we should apply now for means tested (based on income)?

ReputationRep:
    I think you can apply from January for the next academic year, and yes, means-tested is the best option.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Not a problem.. (thumb me up maybe? :P)

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.