Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    facebook is everywhere now and i soo want to have an account too but the last time i opened it i deleted it straight away within a week because the friends i have are only people i said hi and bye to and not real friends who post on my wall etc so with no one posting on my wall i felt a bit like a loser and deleted it.

im on my gap year so its not like uni where i can make friends easily. an help?

ReputationRep:
    I rarely get people posting on mine (well recently I have because I've just moved country and people are wishing me luck etc etc) it's good just to have it there, so people can contact you if needs be. Thats mainly what mine is for (along with me whining a lot :p:)

If you want it, get it, and when you do go to uni you'll have it set up straight away so you can get on with adding course mates and whatnot. Plus, the vast majority of my "friends" on there are relatives :-) x

ReputationRep:
    You don't want facebook if you want friends.

ReputationRep:
    You can disable the wall option or hide wall posts

ReputationRep:
    last time someone posted on my wall was 21st november 2009 :p:
    learn not to care

ReputationRep:
    If you don't have friends or will not be making any since you're on a gap year, there's no real point of having one?

ReputationRep:
    Erm. Go make some freinds?

ReputationRep:
    *Shortarse1 like this*

ReputationRep:
    Wtf, no one ever posts on my wall. If you want it, get it. No one cares how many "friends" you have on it.

ReputationRep:
    loads of people have a facebook account with like nothing on it... they jsut have it to keep in contact with people for the sake of it. if you don't have any one writing on your wall or anything it's not a big deal it just looks like you don't use it very often. i know loads of people with "empty" facebook's but they still have friends. so don't worry, you won't look like a loner. unless you put your profile pic as a pic of your cat.

ReputationRep:
    ooh, and u can add me if u want, i'll post on your wall loads and then u can put ur status as "CRINGE why won't my stalker leave me alone?!" then i'll look like the loser and you'll look like the cool one

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you get fbk...join groups related to your uni/course...add people from there to get to know them and when you actually start uni you will be passed the awkward convos like my names sos and so and my a levels where blah blah blah. Then when your actually at uni it might help you feel more confident in making new friends as you already will kind of 'know' these people? If that made any sense to you! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by issih)
    ooh, and u can add me if u want, i'll post on your wall loads and then u can put ur status as "CRINGE why won't my stalker leave me alone?!" then i'll look like the loser and you'll look like the cool one
    :rofl:

OP you could make loads of fake accounts and and make pretend conversations with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theboilermantr15)
    :rofl:

OP you could make loads of fake accounts and and make pretend conversations with them.
    this :lol: made my day XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by issih)
    TSR: Where people are willing to facebook stalk you to raise your self esteem. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, you can ask your friend ids’s and add it. If you don’t have friends so you can add ids’s through mutual friends or hint which is shown by facebook on the right side of the wall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by issih)
    FTW :yep: - I love how intricate & well thought out this plan is.

(Original post by yosrush)
    TSR: Where people are willing to facebook stalk you to raise your self esteem. :p:
    Ya gotta love it.

OP most people have randoms on their facebook - no one has 900+ friends in real life; some people just add *anyone* and *everyone* to their fb. Get it just so you can keep in touch w/ people/so ppl from your past can find you. If you're that bothered, get it & post a link on here. I'm sure Issih isn't the only one who'll stalk you from TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldlady01)
    FTW :yep: - I love how intricate & well thought out this plan is.
    took me HOURS!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a112)
    facebook is everywhere now and i soo want to have an account too but the last time i opened it i deleted it straight away within a week because the friends i have are only people i said hi and bye to and not real friends who post on my wall etc so with no one posting on my wall i felt a bit like a loser and deleted it.

im on my gap year so its not like uni where i can make friends easily. an help?
    Facebook is just a useful way to keep in contact with any of your friends. It doesn't matter if you have 12 or 200 people on it, or whether people post on your wall or not. I have about 4 friends from real-life, and the rest I've met on the internet, and I love having facebook, cos I can chat to them easily. Just make an account, and don't worry about friends, they'll come with time. You're welcome to add me, I'm always looking for new friends, and I'm happy to talk when you need to. http://www.facebook.com/eyelesbarrow

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.