Turn on thread page Beta

im another thinking of dropping out of uni watch

ReputationRep:
    i missed my offer and went to brunel which was my insurance. I have enrolled and i was supposed to start on monday but my heart just doesnt seem to be there and so I havnt been going in. im clueless about what i should do.

should I just stay here and see if I like it and if i dont then to drop out middle of the year. the problem with this is that my course is 4 years at the places i apply to nxt year and so il have 5 year worth of uni debt

or

should i drop out now?

ReputationRep:
    bump*

ReputationRep:
    You haven't even gone to check the place out?

You should really try Brunel first before you decide to drop out.

ReputationRep:
    You haven't even given it a chance - you might go in and love it! I know someone who got into Brunel as her insurance this year and AFAIK she is loving it. You can always drop out before Christmas, which means you only have to pay 1/2 your course fees.

ReputationRep:
    Drop out now if your heart really isn't in it. Although I had an insurance offer, I always knew that if I didn't make my firm I wouldn't want to go there as it was just there because I had to pick one really.

Maybe think about using this year to do a couple of resits and then apply to your firm again?

ReputationRep:
    At least give it a shot! I have a friend who didn't get into either of her choices, and applied for a uni through clearing. She'd never been to see it, she didn't know anyone that was going, and she had to live away from home which wasn't what she was planning to do originally. She absolutely loves it, and she's only been there for two weeks Try it, you might love it!

ReputationRep:
    Just go to class and try it...

ReputationRep:
    This is ridiculous. How the hell do you know you don't like it if you haven't bothered going? There was a reason you chose it in the first place and you have taken a space from someone who would have wanted it. Get off your **** and get into your lectures or whatever you are supposed to be doing. Make an effort and make some friends, then come on here and moan if you still need to when you've given it a chance.

ReputationRep:
    Also since tuition fees may be going up, there's benefit in going this year.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.