Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

An attractive weight? watch

Announcements

Ok so i wanted to know (as i am insecure) what you would consider an 'attractive' WEIGHT for a small-medium build 5ft5 girl? Please could you say whether you are male or female when you reply.

I am interested in what the general answer will be and how todays society has impacted upon body image.

Ta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok so i wanted to know (as i am insecure) what you would consider an 'attractive' WEIGHT for a small-medium build 5ft5 girl? Please could you say whether you are male or female when you reply.

I am interested in what the general answer will be and how todays society has impacted upon body image.

Ta
    Say no more. :facepalm: Everyone posting stuff like this is insecure anyways. I'm about 5'5 and I have a small-medium build. I'm guessing that anything from a B.M.I of 18.5 to 21 is ok. I'm assuming that you're a normal person, and not a bodybuilder or anything. I'm not sure if a small-medium framed person can carry a weight lower than a BMI of 18.5...

With regards to the 'attractive' section, it's pretty impossible to tell. Generally if you look healthy and take care of yourself, you will be viewed as 'attractive'. That can be at any weight from 100 lbs to 140 lbs.

ReputationRep:
    It is really a good thing that some people are not that conscious about weight.

ReputationRep:
    17 stone. :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    medium/slightly under medium is best

ReputationRep:
    Depends entirely on the frame/"build" of the girl. Whatever looks good on you.

My god this is a pointless thread.

ReputationRep:
    Im 17, female, and have a BMI of 18.6, Im 5'4.

I am happy with my body but would never brag about it.
    (:

ReputationRep:
    Just aim to be healthy, around 8-10 stone.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly 60.325438234 kg, if you budge one little from that, you are ugly.

ReputationRep:
    Enough fat to be soft-looking and not boney but not so much fat that you have a stomach that sticks out = :coma:

I'd say between 8-11 stone but this is a wild guess and depends on how much muscle you have etc..

ReputationRep:
    Jeeeez this is a terrible thread. Some people look good really thin, some look hideous. Some suit being heavier and other would just look like a big load of lard. It depends on the person. In general though if you're healthy than that should make you attractive.

ReputationRep:
    8-9.5 stone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Ta
    Um, just aim to look like a VC model or pussycat doll. To aim for a weight that will " Look good" is very hard without seeing you.

ReputationRep:
    As usual, factors other than how you look aren't a good way of measuring how good you look.

We know you're 5'5'' and a small/medium build, but there are so many more factors that come into play that giving you a target weight and expecting that to be where you'll look your best is absurd. How wide are your hips compared to your waist? Where does your body naturally store extra fat? How much muscle do you have and what is it's distribution? Do you have large or small breasts for your frame? Do you have long legs relative to your torso? All these and more mean that weight alone is not a good way to tell you what will look good.

ReputationRep:
    When you look like this:

You're at an attractive weight. Rice cakes for all!

ReputationRep:
    Ohh dear, what's wrong with you people!?
    Why can't you just be comfortable with yourself...

ReputationRep:
    Around 24stone. Nothing less will do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorani)
    When you look like this:

You're at an attractive weight. Rice cakes for all!
    Just to check, you are joking right? I'm guessing you are since you're one of the cool weightlifting for girls crowd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Just to check, you are joking right? I'm guessing you are since you're one of the cool weightlifting for girls crowd.
    I was joking, don't worry :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorani)
    I was joking, don't worry :p:
    Good good. What always gets me the most about really skinny girls is how their legs are barely any wide at the top than just above the knee, so their thighs are barely there.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.