Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BF and his girl 'friend' :/ Watch

ReputationRep:
    I agree with silverbolt

Talk to him OP.

ReputationRep:
    You allowed it to happen so what can you expect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabinex)
    He sleeps round hers sometimes,
    Read this phrase out loud 5 times.

ReputationRep:
    I would be worried.. the way i see it is that girls and guys can be friends as long as it is casual. but once they get as close as what you're describing there is probably something going on.. even if he isn't exactly cheating yet, it is certainly going that way. nip in the bud quick!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sabinex,

There is something very seriously wrong here, are you afraid to lose him? you need to be realistic with this, what's caused this to happened? was he more attentive and affectionate before? I have friends who cheat on there girlfriends but it's gotten to the point in the relationship where their girl is too afraid to lose him.

You need to be strong and find the cause of this and try to resolve it, but if he continually disrespects your wishes and decisions.. you gotta dump him. He definately is taking you for granted and using you as a stepping stone to fall back on, tell him what he is doing is wrong! and point out what your concerns are. If he wants to be in a relationship with you, he will listen.

Good luck, I hope all the advice has helped.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I can see what you mean about this being really weird. I mean, I'm all for letting a partner do what they want and not being a clingy freak etc, my boyfriend has a really close female friend who he lives with, sometimes it upsets me that they're probably closer than me and him because they're with each other more (we're in a long distance relationship) but at the same time I know 100% that there isn't anything to worry about with regards to their friendship. However if he started doing stuff like that I'd be... not angry, but very upset.

I think the best thing is to tell him. Tbh there is a chance they're not hiding anything (and its still weird) but it sounds like if he wasn't with you, he'd be with her. He probably still loves you, but if you weren't in the picture they'd be a couple, and do you want to live life knowing that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabinex)
    My boyfriend became very fond of this girl from work not so long ago (7 months) and he is really close to her...closer than friends should be!!! He has plenty of girl friends and I don't have a problem I'm one of those people who believe a guy and girl can be just friends. He has no problem with all my guy friends either.

The problem is he is too close to her for my liking, in the past 2 months they hang out non stop they are always calling and texting it's got to a point where he's in contact with her more than me

He sleeps round hers sometimes, though in fairness to him he did ask me if I was okay with it at first and I said yes (but I only said it because I didnt want to be controlling and be bossy ) They go out to parties together he never does with me and people even ask them if they're a couple :mad:

It's little things aswell like he leaves his jacket or jumper at her place and she wears it, she made her own music playlist on his phone and cooks him his favourite meals :/

I don't want to believe something is going on between them because he has introduced me to her as his girlfriend and he talks on the phone to her when I'm in the room so he hasn't hid anything from me

It was her birthday yesterday and he spent £400 on a handbag for her and threw her a surprise party which must have totalled the cost to 1k!!!! He has NEVER done such thing for me :'(

Its really upsetting me now I feel like I'm just a girlfriend by name but she is the one who is treated like one. The only thing missing that would make theirs a relationship is sex but otherwise they act like a couple madly in love

I dont know what to do??? What CAN I do if anything? Im scared if I confront him and tell him he will just say Im being controlling and coming between his friendships

please help I really need advice x
    The stuff you mentioned might be ok, IF he was showing even greater enthusiasm for you. eg, It would be ok for him to go to stuff with her sometimes if he took you to parties more. It would be fine for him to throw her a big party if he was throwing you a bigger one. But he's treating her far better than you by the sound of it and that just isn't acceptable. You should tell him exactly what you've told us and explain that if you're really that special to him, surely he would be treating you like this instead. Even a best friend does not deserve preferential treatment over a serious girlfriend.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.